Posted On: 2018-05-16
Closing On: 2018-06-08
Employment Type: Full-Time
Reporting to the Senior Director, Brand Marketing, Communications and Stewardship, the Grants and Communications Writer will create, develop and enhance donor/partner-centric communication tools used for the engagement, solicitation and stewardship of donors, sponsors and other stakeholders of the True Patriot Love Foundation.
The Grants and Communications Writer’s primary responsibilities will involve writing compelling, strategic and tailored gift proposals as well as comprehensive stewardship/impact reports. S/he will also assist with other donor/sponsor-related communications including annual reports, sponsorship packages, collateral and email copy.
This is a full-time, permanant role.
Proposal & Impact Report Writing – 70%
- Persuasively communicate the organization’s mission and programs to potential donors, sponsors and stakeholders.
- Create compelling stewardship and impact reports that clearly and effectively articulate the impact a donor’s contribution has made in the lives of Canadian military families.
- Review, enhance and ultimately manage the process for report creation from end-to-end - working in close collaboration with Development and Disbursements Teams to gather information required for proposals and reports, and managing relationships with external agencies to design and print the finished product.
- Conduct ongoing research to identify the most compelling industry trends, data points, statistics and study findings to enhance proposals and reports.
- Create and manage a digital library of reports to allow for staff to easily find and reference past reports as needed.
- Develop and maintain a detailed calendar outlining impact report and proposal deadlines, ensuring that each is completed on-time. Work with internal stakeholders to manage priorities and deliverables as required.
Fund Development & Communications Writing – 30%
- Draft copy for brochures, sponsorship packages, invitations, annual reports, pledge forms, CRM components and other collateral materials associated with fund development efforts.
- Document family and donor stories associated with fundraising priorities of the Foundation for use on website, in newsletters and various communication tools.
- Edit documents such as the suite of thank-you letters associated with gift processing, donor proposals and impact reports prepared by staff of the Foundation.
- Prepare speaking and/or briefing notes that prepare staff and board members for their participation in media events, fundraising presentations and donor/community meetings.
The Ideal Candidate
The ideal candidate has a related university degree (e.g. English, Communications, Journalism, Marketing) coupled with five or more years of professional success as a writer and three or more years’ experience in the not-for-profit sector. S/he has a proven ability to find and leverage research and data to develop compelling donor-friendly communications, with superior expertise in standard writing and editing skills including English grammar, punctuation and syntax.
The candidate has a track record of being able to produce high-quality work under tight, constantly changing deadlines, combined with a comfort managing multiple projects, priorities and deadlines.
S/he has strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, excellent technical/analytical skills, exceptional attention to detail, and is a motivated self-starter with ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment.
Fluency in French (verbal and written) and military experience are assets.
To apply for this role, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday, June 6, 2018, indicating “Grants and Communications Writer” in the email subject line. Please be sure to include your salary expectations in the cover letter.
True Patriot Love welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
True Patriot Love thanks all applicants for their interest in the role; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
About True Patriot Love Foundation
True Patriot Love Foundation (TPL) is a national charity with the mission to inspire every Canadian to contribute to the resilience and wellbeing of our military and Veteran families. Since 2009, TPL has provided $25 million to fund innovative research and support 750 community-based programs across the country that address the unique challenges resulting from military service including mental health, physical rehabilitation, transitioning to civilian life, and the special needs of children – helping to change the lives of more than 25,000 military families. For more information, visit www.truepatriotlove.com.