Canadian Feed The Children (CFTC) – proudly and independently Canadian since 1986 – works to unlock children’s potential through community-led action in Canada and around the world. CFTC delivers development programs through local partners that have positive, meaningful, and sustained impact on children’s lives and on the self-sufficiency of their families and communities. Currently operating in five countries (Bolivia, Ethiopia, Ghana, Uganda, and in Indigenous communities in Canada), this award-winning, Imagine Canada Standards-accredited agency is at the leading edge of practice in the international development sector.
If you share our passion for bettering children’s lives, and thrive in a collaborative, values-based culture where creativity and innovation are rewarded, please consider applying for this role.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Major Gifts, the Development Officer will be responsible for activities related to individuals, corporations and foundations with a gift range $1,000-$9,999 (Middle Donors) including researching, securing and tracking current and future gifts to Canadian Feed The Children through on-going commitments. Emphasis will be placed on building relationships with both current and new Middle Donors through well-defined strategic planning, management of donor relationships in a manner consistent with CFTC’s mission and values, growing revenue through all giving channels while deepening supporter affinity and engagement.
Success in this role will be defined by meeting Middle Donor revenue targets by increasing active Middle Donor portfolio size, increasing overall revenue through balanced portfolio fundraising, and enhancing personalized support experience.
As a member of the Development Team, the Development Officer will also provide support to the VP of Development and the Senior Manager, Major Gifts on a wide range of projects including planned giving, special events, employee giving, cause marketing, partner visit trip planning, donor research, Raisers Edge donor management and prospecting.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Proposal and Relationship Fundraising (40%)
- Secure current and future gifts, build relationships with both current and new Middle Donors mainly through phone calls, but also through emails and mail, by leading donor through the stages of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship
- With support of the CFTC writer, prepare and execute effective Middle Donor proposals, letters and reports that are compelling, accurate, professional and on brand for individuals, corporations and foundations
- Develop and implement an effective donor journey experience and stewardship plan through multiple-channel touch points
Direct Mail & Mass Marketing Strategies (25%)
- Execute the annual direct mail(DM), telemarketing(TM) and e-marketing strategies for the Middle Donors
- Work with the CFTC Marketing and Communication team and Data team and vendors to coordinate, implement and report on DM, TM and E-Strategies for Middle Donor portfolio
- Ensure all timelines, work-back schedules, reporting schedules etc., are created and executed in a timely manner
Corporate and Employee Engagement (15%)
- Work with current and new employee engagement campaigns, attend meetings, third-party events and give presentations as required
- Work with the Development Team to execute on deliverables including recognition, matching requirements etc.
- Follow up and manage cause marketing campaigns, point of sale initiatives and other corporate fundraising activities
- Provide support as required to data team to ensure employee and corporate giving is entered in, tracked and stewarded properly
Research and Information Management (15%)
- Ensure all notes from all donor engagement from calls, emails, gifts, major gift meetings, events are entered into Raisers Edge in an accurate and timely manner for the Middle Donor portfolio and in support of the Major Portfolio
- Other duties as assigned
Competencies and Skills:
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced and results oriented environment
- Excellent organizational, planning and administrative skills
- Evidence of leadership and initiative, tact, diplomacy, attention to detail and creativity
- Advanced knowledge and experience in Raisers Edge
- Proficient in MS-Word, MS-Excel and MS –PowerPoint, email, calendar and web browsers
- 3-5 years of experience working in fundraising for a non-profit
- University undergraduate degree or higher and/or a Community College certificate in fundraising or related experience
- Extraordinary relationship development skills with a proven and successful track record soliciting gifts
- Knowledge of the Canadian not-for-profit sector and international development issues required
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills, with focus on phone and email communication
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and also independently
- Excellent organizational, budgetary, analytical, strategic planning and presentation skills, including public speaking
- Holds or working towards a CFRE an asset
Interested? Please submit your C.V. and covering letter to the Senior Manager, Major Gifts, via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate the name of the position in the subject line. Internal candidates with the required skill-set are encouraged to apply by advising their manager and following the same process outlined above. Deadline for applications is Monday, June 18, 2018 at 5pm Eastern.
We thank all applicants for their interest however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Feed The Children is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Canadian Feed The Children is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection