Fundraising and Community Engagement Specialist
YSM is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading an infectious movement – going
beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the
lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving. YSM is seeking a full-time
experienced Fundraising and Community Engagement Specialist to work with the Annual Team to
develop, educate and engage donors, partners and prospects.
The ideal candidate is results-driven and must have an understanding of how to attract and engage
donors as part of the Annual Giving program. Critical to the role is achieving or exceeding revenue targets;
implementation of events and developing relationships with community groups through education and
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing execution of an annual engagement plan that
contributes towards donor acquisition, retention, and stewardship objectives while creating a memorable
and meaningful experience. Tactical strategies would include events (YSM or third party fundraisers),
education (tours and presentations) and cultivating community relationships.
- With revenue targets in mind, cultivate and steward relationships with community groups (service
- clubs, churches, schools etc.) by proactively reaching out and promoting ways to get involved and
- support YSM.
- Project manage the execution, budget, post event stewardship, and evaluation of fundraising
- events, with a critical focus on meeting revenue goals with a positive net return on investment.
- Promote community engagement resources (third party fundraising, YSM tours, and gift in kind
- donations) as an alternative option for giving to active volunteers, event prospects and corporate
- employee teams.
- Work with Manager, Marketing & Communications to develop marketing plans that promote and
- support event success with applicable approvals.
- Provide consulting support to stewardship, third party fundraising event planners, including
- facilitation of both cash and event gift in kind donations.
- Recruit and empower volunteer event committees, providing orientation and training in order to
- enhance the volunteers’ effectiveness.
- Work closely with event sponsors to deliver and renew their annual support and to ensure clear
- objectives for the sponsorship are agreed and implemented.
- Develop and work with third party event planners, providing tool kit, ongoing consultation and
The successful candidate will have the following skills and training:
- Demonstrated life commitment to YSM’s Articles of Faith, principles of mission and values
- Minimum of 2 years relevant work experience in fundraising.
- Strong project management & problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Resourcefulness and independent while working within a very collaborative team
- Bachelor’s level degree, preferably in the field of fundraising or business
- A police check will be required
Send resume, cover letter with salary expectations in confidence to: email@example.com
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Learn more about YSM at www.ysm.ca