Posted On: 2018-05-25
Closing On: 2018-06-15
Employment Type: Contract
Are you passionate about equal rights for all children and equality for girls? Can you see yourself being an integral member of a team that works towards transforming lives in developing countries? Are you confident that you can be part of a high performing team focused on major giving philanthropy?
Are you passionate about helping donors realize their philanthropy vision? Are you an experienced philanthropy professional who has a blend of major gifts and high-growth campaign knowledge? Have you had success with visits with philanthropists? Are you a trusted philanthropy professional with a collaborative working style and an ability to engage with diverse internal stakeholders adding value to organizational excellence and encouraging creative problem solving?
Why a career with Plan?
A career with Plan International Canada offers individuals a meaningful experience that drives professional development and a rewarding opportunity to use their skills and talents to help make a difference in promoting child rights to end child poverty. Are you ready for an opportunity to join one of the largest International NGOs in the world, creator of the award winning “Because I am a Girl” global movement, working to end gender inequality and promote girls’ rights? Are you excited about playing an important role in determining the future of millions of children and families globally?
Employees at Plan International Canada’s National Office strive to make a difference in the lives of children and their families through sustainable, child-focused community development.
Joining our dynamic team of experts and specialists can change your life too! Our unique culture fosters a supportive, flexible workplace where employees are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work. As a member of a diverse, dynamic, high-performing team, each Plan employee is driven to learn, valued for their contribution and approaches each day excited to make an impact.
We are proud of our award winning corporate culture validated by our Canadian Nonprofit Employer of Choice award for 2015 and 2016 and Canada’s 10 Most Admired Corporate Cultures since 2012.
Join our high performing team and change your career…change the world!
As part of the Philanthropy team and reporting to the Senior Manager, Philanthropy, the Manager, Philanthropy will directly contribute to the development of the major gift fundraising program within a high-growth $100 million philanthropy campaign. This individual will be responsible for management of a portfolio of 125-150 major donors and prospects and is frequently a first point of contact for prospective individual major donors giving in the range of $20,000 - $100,000 (annually). The key focus will be on achieving meeting metrics and raising funds towards annual revenue goals through the successful cultivation, stewardship and solicitation of donors and prospects.
We are looking for a candidate who will foster a high-growth approach to philanthropy for the campaign; someone comfortable leading solicitations with current donors and engaging new prospects. A significant portion of time will be dedicated to donor visits and cultivating strong relationships towards multi-year campaign pledges. Our successful candidate will have an interest in major gifts and will ideally have experience with a major philanthropy campaign.
What does success look like?
- Manages and reports on a portfolio of 125-150 major gift prospects and donors
- Creates and implements major gift solicitation, stewardship and cultivation plans in coordination with fundraising teams
- Stewards gifts in line with an overarching Stewardship and Recognition framework to communicate the impact of donations and retain donors
- Provides support to the Philanthropy team in the management of their major gifts portfolios as needed
- Effectively and accurately communicates Plan’s fundraising priorities that reflect the interests and investment of donors
- Develops relationships with key staff to promote prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of new major donors
- Conducts discovery calls targeting existing donors and prospects with the potential and interest to increase their giving and/or engagement
- Implements creative cultivation and solicitation strategies that inspire donors and prospects to make multi-year commitments and/or stretch gifts
- Contributes to prospect identification activities and the development of a robust major gifts pipeline and moves management system
Reporting and Other Responsibilities
- Develops performance targets and measures, in consultation with the Director and Senior Manager, Philanthropy for all areas of responsibility
- Maintains up to date and accurate donor/prospect profiles and records of contact
- Supports the development of briefing materials, proposals and presentations for major donor meetings and events
- Acts as a liaison and resource for other teams at Plan International Canada and works collaboratively towards common goals
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- University degree and 3 – 5 years’ experience in fundraising or related experience; CFRE preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire confidence and trust in donors, stakeholders and cooperation among staff colleagues
- Demonstrated tact, integrity and diplomacy with a professional presence and manner; capable of exercising independent judgment and flexibility
- Superior listening skills with the ability to interpret the concerns and interests of donors translating them into attractive opportunities for investment in Plan International’s priorities;
- Excellent organizational, research and project management skills with a high level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Resourceful and creative with the ability to conceptualize new ideas
- Possess exemplary communication skills – written, oral and presentation including well developed networking ability
- Demonstrated resourcefulness and independence, but comfortable working within the framework of an integrated development program and team-oriented environment
- Interest in and dedication to Plan’s mission
- Expertise in a CRM database, Windows Office Suite, including PowerPoint;
- A valid driver’s license, use of a reliable vehicle and ability to travel as required (regionally, nationally and internationally)
- A strong work ethic coupled with tact and diplomacy
- Personal values consistent with those of Plan International’s corporate values
How to apply
To express interest in this exciting opportunity to join a dynamic organization and a high performing team please send your resume and cover letter, outlining your skills, experience and salary expectations to email@example.com by June 15, 2018. Please reference Manager, Philanthropy in the subject line.
Plan International Canada is an inclusive workplace, and is committed to championing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Consistent with our Child Protection Policy the successful candidate must receive clearance by a police background check, including the vulnerable sector screen.
Applicants must be eligible to work in Canada for the duration of the work term. Proof of eligibility will be required.
Plan International Canada sincerely thanks all applicants for their expressed interest in this opportunity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls please.
Thank you for your interest in a career at Plan!