Posted On: 2018-05-31
No closing date
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
Reporting to the Chief Marketing and Development Officer, the Vice-President, Vision Partners (Philanthropy) will have a unique opportunity to provide leadership, develop strategy, and drive the organization towards greater impact and deeper engagement with Canadians to bring real and lasting change to the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Serving as a key member of the Senior Leadership Team the Vice-President, Vision Partners (Philanthropy) will also participate in strategic planning for the overall organization and will have opportunities to represent World Vision Canada within the World Vision Partnership to share next practice, collaborate and solve big challenges. The Vice President, Vision Partners (Philanthropy) will also guide the team responsible for donor relationship management and will define and execute a “best in class donor experience.”
• Leadership: Thoroughly understand and articulate the organization’s mission, programs, history, policies, culture, values, key stakeholders and financial strategy. Know and understand the board of directors and key volunteers, secure their confidence and support, and find ways to enlist and motivate them to participate in fundraising activities. Stay abreast of philanthropic, economic, social and educational trends related to fundraising. Ensure that staff are informed of changes in legislation and other trends and initiatives that might impact the organization’s fundraising efforts. Provide leadership, direction and management for the development team, creating an environment of respect, accountability, motivation, professional growth and high productivity. Maintain a public facing leadership role in the not-for-profit sector through presentations at professional conferences and through membership in and contribution toward professional societies or working groups. Ensure accountability of units to goals, encourage and foster collaboration and innovation within and between units, and across the Foundation.
• Revenue Growth: Grow the current revenue stream, through effective stewardship of existing donors, by strengthening development strategies and by implementing aggressive plans to engage new donors through innovative fundraising approaches. Develop and execute clear short-term and long-range plans for development that are both realistic and challenging, with a particular focus on income diversification. Manage a personal portfolio of key donors and prospects, and drive results to exceed personal fundraising goals on an annual basis.
• Strategic Planning: Work with the Chief Marketing Development Officer, Chief Executive Officer and other colleagues to develop, cultivate and solicit new transformational gift opportunities. Provide guidance and strategy to the Vision Partner Team to ensure that fundraising proposals and stewardship materials are consistent with the brand standards and to provide donors with a “best in class donor experience” at the organization. Ensure fundraising activities are aligned with strategic priorities. Lead the development of annual and multi-year operational and financial plans that align with the overall Foundation Strategic Plan.
• Team Development: Manage, coach and mentor direct reports ensuring succession plans are in place by identifying high potential candidates within Vision Partners and World Vision globally. Serve as a mentor and resource to team members within portfolio and to colleagues outside of portfolio. Provide strategic leadership to the Major Gift and Gift and Estate Planning teams, aimed at developing, maintaining and expanding philanthropic relationships with donors.
• Collaboration: Serve as a collaborative member of the Senior Management Team and contribute to overall strategy and performance. Contribute to revenue generation in programs outside of immediate portfolio by developing strategy, referring prospects and creating opportunities for others in a collaborative way.
The successful applicant must possess the following qualifications:
• University degree from a relevant university program, a post graduate degree or accreditation would be preferable, plus a minimum of ten years progressive senior leadership experience in the advancement field or equivalent corporate experience;
• A proven track record as an exceptional fundraiser;
• A proven track record in identifying strategic business development opportunities and developing and leading such initiatives;
• Solid business acumen along with advanced analytical and financial modeling experience;
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders;
• Demonstrated ability to build relationships with donors, volunteers and other key stakeholders, with a keen sense of diplomacy;
• Superior communications skills, writing and interpersonal skills, in addition to well-developed presentation abilities; and
• Passion for mission; an unyielding commitment to our vision – Life in all its fullness for every child.
How to Apply:
World Vision is committed to the protection of children; all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check. Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website:
This posting will remain open until this position is filled.