Posted On: 2018-06-01
Closing On: 2018-06-15
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Alzheimer Society’s vision is a world without Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Our mission is to alleviate the personal and social consequences of Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias and to promote research.
Collaboration Accountability Respect Excellence
Reports to: CEO
Supervises: Manager, Development
The Alzheimer Society of Toronto is looking for an experienced and motivated Director of Philanthropy to lead all the fundraising activities for the Society. The Director of Philanthropy will demonstrate fundraising excellence through personally soliciting and securing significant gifts. As a member of the senior leadership team, the incumbent will also contribute to the development of the Society’s annual plan and budget preparation.
Why should you apply?
- You have a proven track record of soliciting and closing major gifts in the six (6) to seven (7) figure range
- You are accomplished in moving current donors to greater levels of commitment and engagement
- You have experience working closely with Executive Leadership and an active Board of Directors
- You are passionate about making a difference in the lives of individuals with Alzheimer’s disease/dementia and their caregivers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Lead the execution of a fundraising strategy (including an annual fundraising plan and budget) for the Society to meet annual and long-term funding requirements and to assure adequate revenue expansion to meet growing needs.
- Mentor a team of five or more development professionals that are responsible for various development functions including major gifts, special events, annual appeal, corporate and foundation support, donor recognition and planned gifts.
- Personally manage a portfolio of major gifts prospects, and solicit major gift prospects, working with Board, Patrons Council, senior volunteers and senior staff to meet agreed upon goals. Provide training, fundraising counsel and strategic advice to the above, when and as necessary.
- Identify, evaluate, and ensure a cultivation and stewardship plan is implemented for individual prospects for major gifts and for low to mid-level donors.
- Ensure that all moves management activities (meetings, calls, correspondence, etc.) are recorded in the donor database, relevant files in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensure that regular reports are produced to monitor the effectiveness of fundraising and related volunteer and marketing activities.
- Work constructively with other chapters and levels of the Alzheimer Society to assure the success of coordinated development activities.
- Prepare and monitor the annual development budget.
- University Degree
- Minimum of seven (7) years of progressively responsible fundraising experience
- CFRE designation or equivalent and member of AFP Toronto
- Supervisory experience
Other Knowledge, Skills, Abilities or Certifications:
- Demonstrated success in major gift solicitation, donor relationships and proposal writing
- Superior writing, presentation, public relations and relationship-building skills
- Experience with a fundraising database, particularly Raiser’s Edge
- Resourceful, creative and ability to think ‘outside of the box’
- Results oriented with excellent follow through on commitments
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com
Please include the ‘Job Title’ in the subject line.
Closing Date: Friday, June 15, 2018
We thank all who apply, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Alzheimer Society welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.