Posted On: 2018-06-01
Closing On: 2018-06-22
Location: Milton, ON, but with the ability to work remotely
Employment Type: Full-Time
About the Highway of Heroes Tree Campaign:
We are planting 2,000,000 trees between Trenton and Toronto, one tree for every Canadian that has served in the Canadian Armed Forces during times of conflict. 117,000 of the most prominent trees will be planted along and near the stretch of the 401 known as the Highway of Heroes, one tree for every life lost while serving to protect our country. This living tribute will tell the story of those that have served and remind travellers along the highway of the great debt we owe these courageous Canadians. It will also provide a myriad of environmental benefits for generations to come. The Campaign has already raised $3.2 million towards its $10 million goal.
The role of the Campaign Coordinator with the Highway of Heroes Tree Campaign provides the opportunity for a rewarding experience as part of a high-profile project. We are looking for an energetic and versatile individual with strong communications skills, along with experience or the desire to work with an established fundraising team.
The Campaign Coordinator will report to the Fundraising & Communications Manager. Key responsibilities include the processing of donations, day-to-day management of the website and managing social media and other marketing tools. The individual selected for this position will also be responsible for maintaining relationships with both established and prospective donors, as well as community stakeholders. This is a tull-time position on a 3-year term.
• Donation Processing: coordinating thank you letters, tracking gifts and regular reporting
• Organization and implementation of donor recruitment and retention programs, including direct e-mail, annual giving, etc.
• Creation and publishing of website and social media content
• Gathering, creating and building content for monthly e-newsletters
• Preparation of proposals and impact reports
• On-site event support
• Creation of promotional materials, including brochures, marketing items and more
• Recruiting and mobilizing volunteers
• General administrative tasks
• Must be highly organized, enthusiastic and willing to collaborate
• Post-secondary education in fundraising, business, communications or related field preferred
• 2 years relevant experience preferred
• Strong verbal and written communications skills
• Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
• Experience in data management preferred
• Graphic design experience an asset
• Knowledge of trends and use of social media an asset
• Experience using Wordpress an asset
• Event planning experience an asset
• Access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel locally is required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Reimbursement of travel and other expenses provided.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Mike Hurley, Manager Fundraising & Communications
Highway of Heroes Tree Campaign