If you are entrepreneurial, with a desire to improve the lives of the vulnerable here and in Israel, you may be interested in a career as a fundraiser with UJA Federation.
The successful candidate will focus on the strategic management and effective operation of Annual Campaign fundraising divisions, in collaboration with volunteer leadership and other professionals, for the enhancement of immediate and long-term fundraising results. This is a fast-paced environment as a fundraiser cultivating donors for the annual campaign, as well as for endowment and capital campaigns. Will also assist senior fundraising management with the implementation of overall fundraising and donor relations initiatives.
- Direct face-to-face fundraising
- Work closely with lay leaders who secure gifts through canvassing
- Contact with donors and prospects
- Create and implement overall fundraising strategies to best meet the needs of the divisions and donors
- Manage budget
Skills and competencies:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Significant fundraising experience, with a track record of successfully interacting directly with donors/potential donors; or relevant experience
- Knowledge of the Jewish community
- General knowledge of and interest in business, world affairs and community matters;
- Excellent organizational and operational management abilities
- Ability to assimilate a broad range of information and articulate with passion and integrity
- Diplomatic; great listener; and strategic thinker
- Ability to make decisions independently
Classification: Union Position, Level 8. Full-time permanent. Excellent compensation and benefits.
Interested applicants should submit resumes, quoting REF# SCA-CAM-413 by June 15, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only those applicants invited for interview will be contacted. UJA Federation is an equal opportunity employer.
Alternate Formats and Accommodation:
UJA Federation is committed to providing an accessible employment environment. We are committed to the principles of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and aim to ensure that dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity are embedded in all aspects of our corporate culture. If you require accommodation during the hiring process, please inform us in advance so that we can arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.