Posted On: 2018-06-07
Closing On: 2018-06-21
Employment Type: Full-Time
Philanthropic Manager, Personal Giving
Be a part of Canada’s #1 charity devoted to our Olympic Athletes and high performance sport. The Canadian Olympic Foundation (Foundation) is a national charitable organization created by the Canadian Olympic Committee (COC). The Foundation’s Mission is to generate philanthropic support to meet the technical, scientific, medical and coaching needs of Canada's high performance sport system and assist Canada's athletes in becoming ambassadors for sport, healthy living and the pursuit of excellence across the nation.
The Philanthropic Manager, Personal Giving is a dynamic individual who drives revenue through engagement with individuals in their philanthropic adventures. Reporting to the CEO for the Canadian Olympic Foundation (COF), the Philanthropic Manager, Personal Giving is a self-starter who is organized, tenacious and creative with a drive to raise funds and has a keen passion for innovation.
Core Responsibilities and Priorities:
- Engage individuals throughout the donor cycle to close gifts from $10,000 to $1M+.
- Work with Foundation staff, the COF Board and volunteers to lead the planning and development of a group of donor prospects with a target of $1M raised annually.
- Manage and support donor prospect relationships, including cultivation planning, solicitation building and stewardship delivery.
- Work with some Corporations and other Foundations to close gifts.
- Creatively navigate the prospect’s path to maximize shared benefit and enhance impact to the Foundation and the Canadian sport system.
- Create and develop new opportunities for individual donors to support.
- All tasks and responsibilities for the role will be integrally tied into the “12-Week Year” process the Foundation undertakes quarterly to plan, action and reflect on its work.
- Report on all prospect progress and results and ensure that all prospect related data is recorded.
Qualifications and Critical Skills:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent
- 2-4 years of experience in a similar role
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated and works well independently as well as collaboratively
- Self-assured, polished, flexible and works well under pressure
- Excellent project management skills with the ability to balance several projects at the same time and strong attention to detail
- Ability to establish and maintain excellent working relationships with various internal and external colleagues/stakeholders
- Strong analytical, judgement and problem-solving skills
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills with demonstrated ability to influence and persuade others. Bilingualism (French, English) considered a strong asset
- Database proficiency and at analyzing, interpreting and presenting data
- Flexibility in working hours and travel
- Demonstrates and embodies the COC values of Accountability, Excellence, Fun, Respect & Bravery
Competitive salary based on experience, excellent benefits package.
Please send all cover letters and resumes by June 21, 2018 to firstname.lastname@example.org citing the position title in the subject line. No telephone calls please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.