Manager, Annual Fund
- Posting number: AP 57/2018
- Employee group: Admin, Professional and Exempt Staff Positions
- Posted on: June 06, 2018
- Deadline: June 18, 2018 - 23:59
- Employment status: Ongoing Full-Time
- Faculty: Not Applicable
- Department: Development and Alumni Relations
- Grade: M
- Salary scale: $59,569 - $84,826 per annum
- Hours of work: 35 hours per week
- Start: ASAP
Careers are Built at Brock.
As a Top Employer in Hamilton-Niagara, Brock University offers unique opportunities in leadership, teaching, research, student support services, and administration. We have a history of developing the strength and career potential of our employees.
We are on the cusp of something new and exciting. We are launching into our next 50 years and are looking for people with passion, energy, and a strong desire to help our students achieve their goals.
Experience Brock, experience success.
A Day in the Life
Reporting to the Associate Director, Advancement Services, the Manager, Annual Fund is accountable for developing and implementing a comprehensive and integrated annual giving program. This exciting role will acquire new donors, establish regular giving habits in current donors and increase fundraising activity through the engagement of alumni and friends of the University.
As the Manager, Annual Fund, you will:
- Design, implement, champion, monitor and report on a robust strategy to increase participation in and giving to the Annual Fund, while being aligned to the strategic priorities.
- Accountable for ensuring sustainable and measurable revenue growth to the Annual Fund ($500,000 baseline).
- Develop processes and procedures for annual renewal, upgrade and acquisition of donors.
- Develop multi-year measurements of annual giving performance, and present periodic reports on Annual Fund performance, metrics and statistics.
- Create, implement and evaluate strategies that lead to sound donor cultivation, prospecting, segmenting, acknowledgement, recognition and stewardship.
- Serve as the creative voice for Annual Fund initiatives and work closely with the University's communication specialists to 'brand' annual giving in a manner that captures attention and motivates financial participation.
- Create, implement and evaluate Brock University's short and long term Annual Fund strategy.
- Leverage knowledge of Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation (CASL) to ensure solicitation is done within the parameters of regulations to limit risk to the University.
- Accountable for generating revenue, acquiring new donors and is the first and sometimes only contact between donors/alumni and the university.
- In collaboration with the Operations team, ensure information is consistently and accurately updated within Raiser's Edge.
- Manage all aspects of the annual fund call centre.
- Create compelling, actionable scripting language to motivate giving and increase funding dollars.
- Leverage technology and analytics to create data segmenting strategies.
- Recruit, select, train, coach and supervise call centre student staff.
- Develop and communicate daily task plan, outlining responsibilities and expectations of all staff to support the priorities and needs of the organization.
- Manage an active portfolio of identified prospects from the calling pool and solicit donations requests of up to $5,000.
- Act as a point of escalation for solicitation and relationship management of alumni, friends and donors from the calling pool.
- Work closely with Development team throughout process of donor acknowledgement and stewardship.
- Develop effective relationships with Board of Trustees and Brock community members to motivate, support and direct fundraising and solicitation efforts.
- Provide ongoing stewardship of past and current Annual Fund donors.
What you Need to Succeed:
- Undergraduate degree in a related field/discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience growing a fundraising program.
- Demonstrated ability to lead an annual giving fundraising team.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in an annual fund environment.
- Working knowledge of Raiser's Edge NXT.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles and practices associated with annual giving fundraising in higher education.
- Knowledge of applicable legislation (e.g. FIPPA, Canada Revenue Agency, Canada's Anti-Spam Legislation) and confidentiality requirements.
- Demonstrated analytical and fund-raising skills with the ability to recognize opportunities, identify critical, high ROI activities and prioritize to attain goals.
- Solid computer competency including (but not limited to) word processing, Excel, spreadsheets, Outlook, web applications, internet search engines and reporting tools.
- Applied working knowledge of a call centre environment, strategies for giving and operational needs.
- Knowledge of statistics, including qualitative and quantitative data analysis, predictive analytics, research methods and trend analysis.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships.
- Strong negotiation and solicitation skills with the ability to build on common ground.
- Demonstrated ability to provide clear direction, training, coaching, and performance feedback to staff.
- Ability to motivate, coach, mentor and encourage student leaders.
- Ability to resolve conflicts in a calming and professional demeanour.
- Demonstrated creativity and the ability to develop programming aligned to strategic priorities and industry trends.
- Proven ability in project management including developing and implementing operational plans.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills combined with the ability to manage multiple projects.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and make independent decisions.
- Adaptable when working in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment, with the ability to anticipate unforeseen issues and proactively manage problems as they arise.
- Skilled at developing processes and protocols to monitor timeliness, efficiency and effectiveness.
- CFRE designation (an asset)
- Blackbaud certification (an asset)
Experience the Benefits of Working at Brock.
Learning and career development are natural elements of an academic environment. At Brock, career development is ingrained in our culture. On average, 45- 60% of our hires are a result of internal movement**. Our Senior Leadership, Staff, and Faculty help drive our collaborative culture. Learn more about how our employees feel about their employment experience at Brock University by visiting http://www.brocku.ca/careers/testmonials.
** 2016 metrics
Salary and Benefit Information
- M $59,569 - $84,826*
- This position includes full comprehensive benefits coverage, including tuition waiver.
* The salary range indicated is representative of all positions evaluated at this level. Actual salary is determined by assessing related skills, experience, internal equity and market competitiveness, subject to available budget.
Brock University is actively committed to diversity and the principles of Employment Equity and invites applications from all qualified candidates. Women, Indigenous peoples, members of visible minorities, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply. We will accommodate the needs of the applicants and the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) throughout all stages of the selection process, as outlined in the Employee Accommodation Policy (https://brocku.ca/policies/wp-content/uploads/sites/94/Employment-Accommodation-Policy.pdf). Please advise Melanie Foster, TA Consultant at firstname.lastname@example.org to ensure your accessibility needs are accommodated through this process. Information received relating to accommodation measures will be addressed confidentially.
It is Brock University's policy to give consideration to qualified internal applicants.
Apply by June 18, 2018.
Interested candidates can submit a resume and cover letter, including salary expectations.
We appreciate all applications received; however, only candidates selected for an interview with be contacted.
Learn more about Brock University by visiting http://www.brocku.ca or our LinkedIn page - https://www.linkedin.com/company/brock-university?trk=biz-companies-cym