Posted On: 2018-06-11
Closing On: 2018-06-25
Employment Type: Full-Time
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca.
Evergreen is currently seeking an account manager to help grow our Toronto team. The Development Officer, Grants will work closely with our program teams to identify prospects, develop funding proposals, cultivate foundations and be responsible for managing a portfolio of regional and national fundraising accounts. The successful candidate will combine fundraising, organizational, research and writing skills with a passion for urban sustainability, and have the confidence to collaborate effectively with program delivery colleagues, external partners and senior leaders.
- Manage a file load of 100 prospects, including government, foundations and corporate foundations
- Work closely with programming teams to reflect program ambitions in funding proposals, and ensure accurate reporting of progress
- Steward existing funder relationships, and ensure timely and appropriate communication, recognition, and reporting
- Ensure proper donor recognition, and obtain funder approvals
Grants Pipeline Coordination
- Actively seek out new sources of revenue, and keep abreast of changes in the funding environment to feed our prospect pool
- Maintain a calendar of fundraising deadlines for foundation, government and corporate grants and upcoming reports
- Ensure accurate and up to date activity tracking for assigned accounts and to ensure timely prospect clearance in the Raisers Edge database
- Participate in the planning and articulation of program development, and represent fundraising priorities in doing so
Senior Fundraiser Support
- Provide account support to senior fundraisers and Management Team as needed in times of heavy deadlines
- Support programming colleagues in the development and submission of funding proposals, packages and reports
- Represent Evergreen at local fundraising and public awareness events
- Communication. Speaks, listens and writes in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner, using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipates, understands, and responds to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations, and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrates composure in stressful situations.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Acts without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Supervised by: Sr. Manager, Philanthropy
- Diploma/degree in fundraising, public relations, marketing, management, business or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- 2-3 years of grant and/or proposal writing experience
- An ability to create compelling written materials for a variety of audiences
- Experience using fundraising software i.e. Raiser’s Edge
- Advanced Microsoft Office Suite skills
- Knowledge of urban sustainability and environmental issues an asset
- Program development experience an asset
- Experience in other areas of fundraising an asset
- Regular hours, Monday to Friday
- Occasional evenings and weekends in times of heavy deadlines or to attend special events
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Reference “Development Officer, Grants” in the subject line
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.