Posted On: 2018-06-08
Closing On: 2018-06-21
Employment Type: Full-Time
As the Senior Development Officer in the Faculty of Communication and Design (FCAD), you will be responsible of administering a portfolio of donors for FCAD at giving levels under $25,000. This includes the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects of gifts and donor pledges under $25,000, and working with the central Annual Fund Office to manage the annual awards program in FCAD. In addition, you will provide assistance to the Director of Strategic Planning and Development in FCAD as it relates to the processing and administration of gifts, prospect research, stewardship, proposal preparation, and fundraising and stewardship events.
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following required qualifications:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree plus a minimum of 4 years of experience within a fundraising environment, soliciting gifts and pledges at the leadership level are required.
- Solid understanding of the prospect to door moves management process and cycle.
- Demonstrated experience on:
- Leading the development and execution of leadership gifts and pledges from identifying potential donors, developing strategies to solicit prospects, securing meetings with prospects, and coordinating appropriate stewardship for leadership gifts.
- Using and maintaining fundraising databases.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills are required to create and maintain connections with potential and concurrent donors.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required to prepare and present leadership proposals and put together solicitation letter, briefing materials, gift proposals and regular correspondence with potential donors.
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills to successfully oversee and execute events.
- Strong attention to detail and administrative skills to ensure data are correct and up-to date; and the processing of paperwork for new gifts to ensure tax receipts and other correspondence are administered properly.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Applications will only be accepted online at https://hr.cf.ryerson.ca/ams/public/external_view.cfm?post_id=175232