Development Research Officer
Position Type: Full-time Contract (15 months)
Application Deadline: Friday July 6, 2018 – 5PM
The Centre for Addiction & Mental Health (CAMH) Foundation is seeking a self-motivated Development Research Officer to join a dedicated team of professionals working to build and maintain long-term donor relationships. This highly engaged individual will be part of a team committed to delivering high quality prospect research to achieve the fundraising goals for individuals, corporations and foundations. Working in a fast-paced environment, the Development Research Officer will identify and qualify new strategic prospects, prepare prospect lists and briefing documents to support the Foundation staff and senior volunteers in their prospect, donor and volunteer cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities.
The CAMH Foundation is the fundraising arm for CAMH, Canada’s leading hospital for mental health. Each year, CAMH provides exceptional care for more than 34,000 patients and responds to 500,000 outpatient visits. We inspire change in the mental health field through the professionals we train, the knowledge we share, and in the modern facilities we are building: embedded in the community and open to the world. Our passion is conveyed by engaging supporters in our innovative research, clinical care and treatment for patients and families of today and tomorrow. At CAMH Foundation we strive to Make a Difference, Communicate Openly, Be Accountable and Learn & Innovate as outlined in our core values.
- Proactively identify new major gift, corporate and mid-level prospects, including individuals, foundations and corporations
- Qualify prospects by compiling and synthesizing data from a variety of sources including key variables used in assessment
- Align prospective donors’ interests with CAMH’s organizational and strategic priorities
- Provide insights and advice for approaching prospective donors and volunteers
- Investigate and analyze complex forms of information for the development of comprehensive and strategic briefings to support development activities
- Consistently monitor prospects in the pipeline and provide relevant and timely information and analysis that will positively move prospect relationships forward
- Proactively monitor and communicate relevant news, events and issues that impact fundraising and economic trends and mental health developments
- Manage the collection, storage, maintenance and retrieval of donor and stakeholder insights
- Ensure a high level of data quality and integrity in Raiser’s Edge through timely and accurate data entry, record maintenance and prospect tracking
- Ensure compliance with applicable legal requirements
- Minimum 2 years of work experience within a non-profit, fundraising, or advancement research services environment combined with a related university degree or college certificate program.
- Advanced internet searching skills and experience using online commercial databases such as iWave, Relationship Science, Factiva, Proquest, SEDAR and SEDI, CRA and Imagine Canada
- Exceptional computer skills, including a high level of experience with Microsoft Office software applications
- Familiarity with Canadian business and economic landscape, corporate financials and annual reports is an asset
- Strong knowledge of Raiser's Edge or a comparable relational database including database management, data mining and analysis and report generation and queries
- Ability to think strategically, work independently, and manage multiple competing priorities while producing a high quality of work in a high-volume, and results oriented environment
- Superb critical, analytical and strategic thinking, decision-making and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to synthesize large quantities of information into succinct and accurate written briefings and reports
- An inquisitive and analytical nature with an above average level of initiative and attention to detail
- Professionalism, judgment and commitment to fundraising ethics and donor privacy is essential
How to Apply
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to Allison.email@example.com. We thank you for your interest in this role. Please note that only those qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.