Posted On: 2018-06-14
Closing On: 2018-07-12
Location: Mississauga, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you looking for more than a job? At World Vision Canada we offer challenging careers that change the lives of children all over the world and it will change yours too. Come and be part of a team of over 500 Canadians with a vision for the world: Life in all its fullness for every child.
You will experience Christian faith in action helping to make real and lasting change in the lives of the world’s most vulnerable children. Join the World Vision Canada team and be part of a powerful and effective force for good: For Children. For Change. For Life.
The National Manager, Legacy Gifts is responsible for leading and motivating a result-driven team of Philanthropic Advisors who lead a team of Legacy Giving Advisors across a minimum of three language groups (English, French, Chinese) with the objective of increasing legacy giving expertise within Vision Partners Division and diversifying legacy giving vehicles across a number of planned giving vehicles. S/he will create robust opportunities for the Legacy Gifts team, and grow the philanthropic program in line with the World Vision Canada (WVC) strategy to inspire existing and prospective customers to action.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Creates the strategy around acquisition, stewardship, and cultivation for legacy gift customers; aligning practices to the national campaign plan, the integrated marketing strategy, and the multi-cultural strategy
- In collaboration with the Customer Journey Management team, builds customer experiences that fulfil customer needs and desires through appropriate levels and channels of engagement and cultivation while reducing pain points
- Ensures proper management of the portfolio of legacy gift customers through appropriate use of systems, tools, and processes including Customer Relationship Management (CRM) technology
- Allocates prospected customers into the appropriate portfolio; both within the Legacy Gift team and in the Transformational Gift team – enabling the fluidity of donors to be supported with the appropriate stewardship
- Regularly monitors Key Performance Indicators (KPI) progress and puts measures into place to ensure the team is equipped to meet/exceed KPIs
- Provides expertise for lead/prospect cultivation and collaborates regularly with the Advancement team for pipeline development
- Leads the Legacy Philanthropy Advisors to drive optimal performance primarily through phone contact and supportive focus on developing face to face opportunities for customer engagement including legacy stewardship events and engagement
- Works with various channels teams (Digital Marketing, Direct Mail) to incorporate planned giving messages into channel initiatives during operational planning to align the team to communicate the brand narrative of World Vision effectively
- Creates a plan for legacy phone campaigns and manages the execution, working with Telemarketing to integrate plans across a minimum of three linguistic groups (English, French and Chinese) with the coordination of translation of materials, scripting and training
- Expands the mandate of legacy giving at WVC to include various planned giving vehicles including, but not limited to, financial products, life insurance, gift annuities, etc.
- Equips the team to apply knowledge of Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) and compliance requirements for financial products into planned giving outreach
- Continuously improves knowledge on financial products for self and the team; discusses planned giving options of financial products with allied professionals representing donors
- Coaches staff on having difficult life stage conversations via telephone and in person; providing the right balance of information while adhering to legal regulations
- Crosspollinates legacy giving practices to the Transformational and Leadership Gift teams, expanding planned giving expertise across the Philanthropy department while also intentionally engaging opportunities to build planning giving relationships with the Allied Professional market
- Collaborates with the Field Data & Field Content teams to incorporate messages of impact in stewardship and cultivation
- Orchestrates the critical cultivation activities necessary to further engage legacy donors with World Vision and encourage new donors, including field trips and events (work with WVC Travel Coordinators to plan)
- Navigates complex networks through research and WVC’s staff networks to identify and develop relationships with prospective legacy gift customers
- Partakes in operational planning for Vision Partners Division; providing input and expertise on Legacy Gifts aligned with KPIs
- Works with Legal and/or Finance to ensure timely and accurate processing of gifts, tax receipts, and reporting (where required)
- Develops and reports on key metrics and indicators for the Legacy Gift team to key internal stakeholders including the diagnosis of actions and metrics that are underperforming
- Continually improves and develops self and team in the major gift and planned giving space
- University degree in a relevant field
- Minimum 5 years of broad-based experience in a mid/major and/or legacy gift fundraising environment
- Achieved or working towards achievement of the CFRE designation
- Member of the Association of Fundraising Planners and/or Canadian Association of Gift Planners
- Extremely strong relationship building and business development skills
- Ability to lead a large team while driving financial results
- Demonstrated experience with multicultural fundraising/selling
- Expertise in communication of difficult life stage topics and coaching others to have these conversations
- Has an appetite to continually learn and develop skills in the major gift space
- Proven track record of meeting/exceeding sales (or fundraising) performance metrics
- Expertise in using CRM systems
How to Apply:
World Vision is committed to the protection of children; all offers of employment will be conditional upon the successful completion of reference checks and a Police background check. Qualified candidates must be able to demonstrate a commitment to the core values and mission of the World Vision partnership.
World Vision Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Interested applicants are asked to complete an online application via our careers website:
Application Deadline: July 12, 2018