Michael Garron hospital is a true general hospital providing care from birth to end‐of‐life, serving 400,000 people living in East Toronto. We deliver first‐rate care on a first‐name basis ‐ 90 per cent of the health‐care people need, at a level of excellence rivalling anywhere else in the city. We also excel in developing tomorrow’s health‐care leaders, with the largest community and family medicine teaching program affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Michael Garron Hospital’s catchment area is unique in Toronto and the most diverse in Canada. As well, more seniors live alone in East Toronto than anywhere else in the city. Poverty and isolation—two of the most critical social determinants of health—affect people in our neighbourhoods disproportionately.
Michael Garron Hospital Foundation has embarked on the Heart of the East Campaign, our $100‐million fundraising effort in support of our $500‐million redevelopment project. The Heart of the East will completely transform our campus, including construction of the new, eight‐storey Ken and Marilyn Thomson Patient Care Centre and the dramatic redevelopment of our existing facility. Join our team to help us equip Michael Garron Hospital to meet the needs of our growing city and our diverse, often under‐served community.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance in their career as our Manager, Annual Programs (20 Month Contract).
Reporting to the Vice‐President, Events, Annual and Operations, the Manager, Annual Programs leads the execution of all fundraising, data and donor management strategies for the annual giving portfolio of programs. The annual programs portfolio currently includes direct response (mail, online & phone),
monthly giving, mid‐level giving, tribute giving, and staff and volunteer giving. Expansion of this portfolio in the next 12 months includes the development and execution of a face‐to‐face monthly giving acquisition pilot planned for launch in April 2019
With a current revenue value of $700K, that Annual Programs portfolio is slated for strong future growth.
Programs Management & Fundraising Execution
- Manage the development and execution of all direct response fundraising appeals for single gift and monthly donors across all channels (i.e. mail, phone, email, online and face‐to‐face); including providing day‐to‐day management and oversight of agencies and vendors who support these programs.
- Oversee and execute all day‐to‐day activities required to support the programs in the Annual portfolio including stakeholder management, program and appeal analysis, fulfillment and inventory management.
- Working in collaboration with our communications team, oversee marketing, promotion and collateral development for the annual programs portfolio.
- Working with the Vice‐President, support the development of annual revenue and expense budgets for the Annual Programs portfolio.
- Support the Vice‐President with the day‐to‐day tracking and reporting of budgets and key performance indicators against goals to ensure the prompt identification of challenges that may impact achievement of fiscal targets.
- Working with database management colleagues, oversee data management needs for Annual Programs portfolio, including donor appeal data pulls, direct mail lives review, appeal backfeed files uploads, acquisition list management, appeal and constituent coding review and updates, and all query pulls as needed for in‐house appeal analysis, donor reviews and execution of customized, multi‐channel donor communications.
- Complete thank you calls / cards to annual donors who make single or cumulative annual gifts at the mid‐level range.
- Working with Foundation colleagues and volunteers, support execution of thank you processes for new donors (single gift and monthly) and annual donors at the $100 ‐ $499 level.
- Oversee execution of all donor engagement activities for high‐value constituent groups (i.e. mid‐ level donors and prospects, monthly donors, new donors and in‐memoriam next‐of‐kin), engaging with Foundation colleagues and volunteers as needed to deliver on tactics.
- Work closely with Foundation colleagues to support newly implemented donor pipelining processes and ensure a donor‐centred approach to migration between Annual, Major Gifts and Planned Giving program portfolios.
Requisite skills and attributes
- Must be a self‐starter who is highly organized with strong multi‐tasking skills, able to manage a wide variety of accountabilities all while delivering projects on time and budget.
- Strong interpersonal skills, effective at building relationships and able to work well with donors, colleagues and key Foundation and Hospital stakeholders at all of levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, able to identify and act on new opportunities, as well as anticipate challenges and resolve issues as they arise.
- Highly adaptable, and flexible, able to prioritize and work comfortably in a fast‐paced, changing environment, as part of a small but nimble team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in annual fundraising.
- High level of experience in, and comfort with, managing vendor and supplier relationships.
- Strong experience with, and high level of comfort working in, Raiser’s Edge.
- Experience working in hospital environment, and / or health‐related charity an asset.
- Experience with door‐to‐door fundraising and / or telemarketing campaigns an asset.
Please note that we will be reviewing candidates as submitted, and therefore, early applications are encouraged.
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume & application form indicating FND1808 in the subject line to: email@example.com
Please visit our Careers page at www.tehn.ca > Careers > Current Opportunities > How to Apply to download the application form
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource. Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart