Posted On: 2018-06-26
Closing On: 2018-07-15
Location: Kamloops, British Columbia
Effective: August 1, 2018
Employment Type: Contract
Reporting to the Vice President Advancement, the Campaign Director is a senior member of the Advancement team and will be responsible for managing the processes, metrics and relationships that will lead to a successful comprehensive campaign.
The Campaign director will develop a campaign operating plan that includes volunteer structures and recruitment, case statements and cultivation and solicitation strategies to secure leadership and major gifts to the campaign. This position requires high level project management skills and collaboration across all levels of TRU and the constituents it serves.
This is a 3 year term position until the completion of the Limitless pan campus campaign.
As an integral member of the Advancement senior leadership team, the Campaign Director provides leadership, support and direction across a wide range of areas:
- Work with the Vice President Advancement to develop a campaign revenue plan to get TRU’s pan campus Limitless campaign from $30 million to $50 million.
- Work with TRU senior executive – VP Advancement, President, Provost and Deans – on all aspects of the plan and implementation of the plan.
- Articulate and manage campaign priorities, strategies related to prospects, budget, reporting and time lines.
- Establish campaign/faculty/individual performance goals and provide support to ensure these are achieved.
- Liaises with all parts of the Advancement team to coordinate efforts related to prospect research, events, donor stewardship, campaign communications, alumni and donor engagement.
- Work with advancement services staff to oversee major and principal gift donor prospect pipeline and activity.
- Establish and manage a campaign volunteer team (i.e. Campaign Cabinet) to provide campaign implementation assistance, including identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects.
- Oversee communication pieces which describe the comprehensive campaign priorities and make the case for support, and liaise with the Marketing & Communications department on their creation and production.
- Ensures systems are in place to report on campaign progress against campaign goals. Ensure pledge reminders are forwarded to donors, tracking cash in.
- Manage internal communication strategies to keep colleagues across campus informed of campaign progress and status and develop plans to engage and involve deans, faculty and other university staff in the pan campus campaign.
- Liaise with the special event department and stewardship department to coordinate and implement appropriate campaign donor recognition events and activities.
- University degree in a related field
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in fundraising for higher education or organizations with a national constituency
Please apply here: https://tru.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/11705