Posted On: 2018-06-26
Closing On: 2018-07-15
Location: Kamloops, British Columbia
Effective: August 1, 2018
Employment Type: Contract
TRU’s Advancement Office provides a critical role of philanthropy. The Office is charged with maximizing the financial gift support to the institution by seeking private contributions in order to increase the margin of excellence of its educational and research programs.
The Director of Development will work with the Dean, senior leadership and faculty team to provide strategic vision and leadership for fundraising strategies, building towards a major gift portfolio and large scale campaign for the School of Nursing. Specifically the position will be tasked with raising $1.5 Million in private funding towards the new Nursing and Population Health building. This position is for a 3 year term as part of the pan-campus campaign to raise $20M by 2021.
As the role is responsible for bolstering philanthropic support and inspiring greater student, alumni and community engagement, they will manage the effective and efficient operation of development activities, including fundraising campaigns, prospect research, alumni relations and donor stewardship. The role identifies prospective supporters, builds relationships and makes face-to-face contact both independently and in conjunction with faculty.
This Director of Development requires an ability to identify, build and maintain strong and cooperative relationships with individuals, corporate donors, advertising and marketing agencies. The Director must keep informed of trends and best practices in philanthropy and fund development as well as the general fields of management and the not-for-profit sector.
The work scope includes, but is not limited to, advisory roles, research, the development of prospect lists, cultivation and stewardship planning and execution well as making medium to major gift asks for the School of Nursing. The Director of Development will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive strategies and tactical plans for identifying, cultivating and securing short-term and long-term revenue channels for the overall sustainable financial growth of the School of Nursing.
As an integral member of the Faculty leadership team, the Director of Development provides leadership, support and direction across a wide range of areas:
- Creating collateral, proposals and cases for support to detail and market the fundraising initiative of the related faculty or department
- Develops and implements a plan for identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding prospects and donors.
- Writes proposals, donor solicitation letters and grant application forms to secure funding for student awards, operations and Faculty initiatives.
- Identifies prospective supporters, builds relationships and makes face-to-face calls both independently and in conjunction with faculty.
- Liaise with the Dean, senior leadership and faculty members to identify key alumni, individuals and businesses for the purpose of cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Develops a working list of 120 prospects and maintain a data base on cultivation activity and moves, and updating the Vice President Advancement of progress with these prospect on a weekly basis
- Responsible for making a minimum 2 asks per month and having 20 face to face meetings with prospects per month and ensuring fundraising targets are met and relations with alumni and employers of the School of Nursing are fostered.
- Responsible for ensuring a targeted number of prospects attend Foundation fundraising events.
- Creation and cultivation of relationships with prospects and donors, through one on one introductions and participation in social events.
- Liaise with Advancement staff in a prospect clearing process to ensure prospects aren’t receiving multiple asks from various departments at TRU, this is to occur in person on a weekly basis.
Required education and experience:
- University degree in a related field
- 6 years of more experience in fundraising including successful management of a portfolio of major gift prospects
Please apply here: https://tru.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/11706