The Dress for Success Canada Foundation is hiring its first Executive Director. The right candidate will have a passion for women's empowerment, the ability to mobilize resources and lead the growth of the Foundation.
Headquartered in New York City, Dress for Success has as its mission to empower women to achieve economic independence by providing a network of support, professional attire and the development tools to help women thrive in work and in life. www.dressforsuccess.org
The first Canadian Dress for Success affiliate opened in Vancouver, British Columbia in 1999. Since then, 12 more affiliates have opened their doors serving over 5,000 women per year. The Dress for Success Canada Foundation has just been established with the mandate to raise revenue to support the work of Dress for Success in Canada.
The Executive Director is the key management leader of the Dress for Success Canada Foundation. Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for overseeing the fundraising, programs and strategic plan of the organization. The Executive Director leads, directs and manages to maximize organizational results.
- Oversee the management and day to day operations of the Foundation
- Drive national fundraising initiatives
- Develop and sustain fundraising relationships
- Work closely with the Board of Directors, funders, affiliates and other stakeholders
- Provide programmatic support to affiliates
- Develop and build national awareness of the Dress for Success Canada Foundation
- University degree in a related field
- CFRE preferred
Knowledge, skills and abilities
- Knowledge of leadership and management principles as they relate to charitable organizations
- Ability to fundraise - demonstrated fundraising track record across public and private sector
- Superb relationship building skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset – ability to lead a growth
- Adept written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of human resources & financial management
- Knowledge of project/ program management and impact reporting
- 10+ years of fundraising and management
- The position is a 3 day a week contract
- Compensation commensurate with experience
To apply, please e-mail a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com