LOFT Community Services is committed to reflecting and responding to the diversity of the service users and communities we serve. Applications are encouraged which indicate diversity in culture, race, sexual orientation, gender identity and experience that reflects the clients we serve.
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER – ANNUAL GIVING
Full Time 12-month Maternity leave contract
DATE: June 25, 2018
LOCATION: Toronto, ON
LOFT Community Services is a unique and dynamic organization helping people with complex challenges turn their lives around and recover their dignity and independence. LOFT works with people living with complicated issues that include mental and physical health, substance abuse, poverty and homelessness. With an operating budget of $34 million, over 1400 units of supportive housing and serving over 6,000 people a year, LOFT is one of Ontario’s largest mental health service providers and a leader in community-based services for people most in need.
Reporting to the Director of Development, the Development Manager will be a key member of a recently expanded four-person development team with the shared goal of galvanizing supporters and growing annual revenue to fund the innovative services that will transform the lives of LOFT clients.
The principle focus of this position will be the planning and execution of multi-channel campaigns to grow renewal and acquisition of one-time and monthly giving using both conventional and social media. The position will have active involvement in the implementation and evaluation of digital components and will play a major role in the nurturing and maintaining of strong donor relationships.
This position will require occasional travel to LOFT programs in Toronto, York Region and South Simcoe, and attendance at occasional events and other activities outside of business hours.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in developing, implementing and monitoring annual giving/donation plans including direct mail, monthly giving, online and social media solicitation and stewardship.
- Post-secondary diploma/degree in communications, public relations, fundraising or related discipline is desirable.
- Strong spoken and written communications skills in English, with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely in a mature and professional manner.
- Facility with The Raiser’s Edge.
- Competency in Word, Excel and Power Point required, and a working knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Wordpress and basic HTML are an asset.
- Experience using social media and online fundraising/donor communications platforms including Convio or Luminate Online would also be an asset.
- Well organized and detail oriented.
- Confident interpersonal skills with proven customer service ability.
- Proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- A driver’s license would be an asset.
- AFP members preferred.
TO APPLY: Send resume with covering letter to Human Resources
PLEASE PUT THE FULL JOB TITLE IN THE SUBJECT BAR OF ANY EMAILS AND ON YOUR COVER LETTER.
CLOSING DATE: August 3, 2018 by 5:00 pm