Posted On: 2018-06-25
Closing On: 2018-07-22
Employment Type: Full-Time
St. Michael’s Foundation, through its philanthropic activities, assists St. Michael’s Hospital in attracting the resources required to fulfill and enhance its mission of caring, research and education.
The Foundation is governed by a volunteer Board of Directors, which includes members of the business and professional community. The Foundation raises funds from a variety of initiatives: annual giving; events and sponsorships; major and planned gifts.
The Manager, Events and Sponsorship is responsible for overseeing the fundraising, recognition, cultivation and stewardship events of St. Michael’s Foundation and has a critical role in achieving the overall revenue strategy of the foundation through generating up to $5 million in revenue from various events/activities organized throughout the year. He/She is responsible for developing, planning, analyzing, budgeting, management, and evaluation of the Foundation’s signature, recognition, cultivation, stewardship and third party events and serves as the Foundation’s practice leader in the field of special events, monitoring trends to ensure that the Foundation benefits from current knowledge, resources and technique.
- Develop the events portfolio’s strategies, goals and objectives in support of the Foundation’s overall strategy.
- Develop, monitor and analyze comprehensive reports including events budgets, metrics, and activity goals for all activities associated with the special events portfolio.
- Support, strategize, plan and manage existing and new signature fundraising events, third party fundraising events, donor recognition events, stewardship and cultivation events from concept to completion, ensuring they operate smoothly, efficiently and generate maximum revenue and exposure.
- Provide on-site support and problem solving at events to ensure smooth execution and responsible for interaction with audience to field questions and handle complaints.
- Organize, develop and implement all logistical and other details associated with the planning and execution of successful fundraising and donor events, including formulating and monitoring the budget, developing and overseeing critical paths, ticket sales, catering, day-of-event logistics, appropriate donor recognition, donations processing and acknowledgements.
- Generate and evaluate concepts for innovative, interesting and profitable new fundraising events to maximize revenue generation.
- Develop marketing and communications strategy and collateral in conjunction/collaboration with the Marketing and Communications Team (creative, media, night of requirements, social media).
- Provide leadership to the Events team in the planning, implementation and evaluation of all signature and third party special events and recognition activities.
- Create an environment that ensures effective sharing of information and collaboration with other Foundation teams.
- Ensure a positive volunteer experience and committee management process is in place, providing support and administration to various committees and senior level volunteers.
- A university degree or a combination of comparable skills and experience, CFRE designation preferred.
- 7 to 10 years progressive experience in planning and executing high-profile events and fundraising experience at a management level, preferably with a health-related charitable organization.
- Demonstrated ability to set and exceed goals with track record for success in leading and motivating a team.
- Project management, organizational and prioritizing skills; problem solving and crisis management skills are imperative.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and be self-motivated in a high pressure and demanding work environment.
- Highly collaborative – enjoys helping team members succeed; a great listener; someone who can manage his/her own stress and is a positive contributor.
- Experience with special events, committee management and sponsorship solicitation and stewardship.
- Experience in planning and implementing events including expertise in attracting and stewarding sponsors; proven track record in developing and implementing promotion plans associated with fundraising events.
- Previous experience working with Raiser’s Edge is an asset.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
Interested candidates should apply here.