Posted On: 2018-06-27
No closing date
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Major Gifts Associate
Reports To: Director Major Gifts and Planned Giving Division
Fund Development Location: Toronto office
Date: June 2018
Habitat for Humanity Greater Toronto Area (GTA) is a non-profit housing organization that mobilizes volunteers and community members to partner with families to help them build a brighter future and break the cycle of poverty through affordable homeownership. Habitat GTA also operates a retail enterprise called ReStore, which sells new and gently-used home furnishing and renovation materials at great prices. ReStore proceeds support our mission to help working, low-income families build a brighter future through affordable home ownership. ReStore operates 10 locations across the GTA.
The Major Gifts Associate will assist in the development and implementation of targeted and robust communication,solicitation and stewardship plans to manage and grow each donor relationship and support all activities associated with the growth and expansion of the Intermediate, Major Gifts and Planned Giving programs. Responsibility for monitoring and managing consistent, timely, thorough execution of activities to identify, engage, cultivate, solicit and steward current and prospective donors, analyzing progress and offering recommendations for adjustments throughout the year. Assist with the prospect clearance and coordination across the Fund Development team and with senior volunteers and senior leadership to ensure maximum support from individuals and foundations. Personally manage a portfolio of prospects to achieve annual goals and to help build a pipeline for sustainable growth. The incumbent will also provide administrative support to the Director of Major Gifts and Planned Giving.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist Director, Major Gifts and Planned Giving in all aspects of the major gifts and planned giving programs, including prospect identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Responsible for monitoring and enabling the consistent implementation of appropriate cultivation, acknowledgement and stewardship activities related to Major ($5K+) and Intermediate ($1K to $5K) donors.
- Proactively use research and qualification processes to identify and qualify prospects and help implement strategies for major gifts success; prepare donor profiles and briefing notes.
- In collaboration with Direct Marketing Specialist, develop and coordinate prospecting and solicitation strategies for Intermediate Giving.
- Maintain donor and prospect lists using the CRM database, updating records, tracking contacts and solicitations and pulling reports for tracking and analysis, as required.
- Track and report activity against established targets to ensure annual financial goals are met or exceeded.
- Resource to senior volunteers, senior staff and others to ensure they are provided with support materials, coaching and training to optimize their participation and success in major gifts programs.
- Support the development and implementation of a planned giving strategy and activities that will encourage current and prospective major donors to consider planned gifts.
- Attend a variety of Habitat for Humanity GTA and other events as appropriate to support the major gift and planned giving programs as required.
The duties within this job description can be amended from time to time.
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- 3+ years of previous development experience
- Familiarity with prospect clearance and coordination and the donor relationship cycle; principles of moves management and a solid understanding of how major gifts relates to other fundraising programs.
- Experience using research best practices/tools/search engines for prospect identification
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with multi-year fundraising solicitations preferred
- Strong interpersonal and public relations skills and the ability to communicate effectively with all donors, volunteers and other stakeholders.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with donors and prospects
- Experience working with senior volunteers and staff.
- Ability to effectively coordinate multiple projects, deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to work with sensitive information with complete confidentiality.
- Highly computer literate and the ability to work effectively with Raiser’s Edge fundraising software to drive results.
- Team player who displays initiative.
- Drive to succeed and highly results oriented.
- Working towards or having attained CFRE an asset.
- Must be able to work occasional evening and weekends.
- Must possess a Class G license
- Access to own vehicle is an asset
How to Apply
Please submit your resume for any of the active job opportunities listed above to our HR team. Please include the exact job title, including location, in the subject line of your email. Job opportunities may remain posted until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Habitat for Humanity GTA is committed to ensuring a barrier-free, accessible and inclusive work environment. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities.
Upon individual request, we will endeavour to remove any barrier to the hiring process to accommodate candidates with disabilities. Please inform us should accommodation be required at any point during the recruitment and selection process.
Internal candidates with the required skill-set are encouraged to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Habitat for Humanity however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Habitat for Humanity GTA HR Team