*** One (1) year temporary contract***
We are seeking an individual with great team spirit to join our dynamic Foundation team!!!
Providence Healthcare is a leader in providing rehabilitation, palliative care, long-term care and community outreach in Toronto. On August 1, 2017, Providence Healthcare joined St. Joseph’s Health Centre and St. Michael’s Hospital to operate under one corporate entity. United, the three organizations serve patients, residents and clients across the full spectrum of care, spanning primary care, secondary community care, tertiary and quaternary care services to post-acute through rehabilitation, palliative care and long-term care, while investing in world-class research and education. For more information, visit www.oursharedpurpose.com.
Providence Healthcare Foundation, through its philanthropic activities, assists Providence Healthcare in attracting the resources required to fulfill and enhance its mission. Funds will be used to support priority areas as defined by the Network and includes the purchase of equipment, renovations, new facilities, programs, and education priorities. The Foundation team collectively drives fundraising activities and donor relations, which includes major gifts, planned giving, donor relations, stewardship, special events, annual giving, digital & social media, and direct mail.
Our donors, volunteers and staff are dedicated to our role of ‘helping people and healing lives’ through philanthropy. Our mission in the Foundation is to build a loyal and engaged community of donors and partners to inspire investment in the caring vision of Providence Healthcare - a leader in providing rehabilitation, complex continuing care, long-term care, as well as community-based programs and clinics that continue the experience of promoting recovery, good health and well-being.
Providence Healthcare Foundation offers a professionally challenging environment where creativity, initiative, personal commitment and the spirit of teamwork are valued and expressed daily. Work is performed within a fast-paced environment with an intense, yet motivating, workload.
- Undergraduate Degree in Business Administration, Marketing or Public Relations;
- Minimum two (2) years’ experience in non-profit organization or event planning;
- Exposure to the non-profit sector, specifically in the area of special event strategies and sponsorship fundraising;
- Proficiency with Blackbaud’s The Raiser’s Edge;
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of volunteers, staff, committee members and the general public;
- Events and donor/volunteer coordination skills and/or experience;
- Demonstrated organizational skills;
- Demonstrated written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to use grace and tact when under pressure;
- Ability to pay superb attention to detail and use good judgment;
- Ability to be flexible to work after hours and/or weekends as needed;
- Ability to handle people with sensitivity, confidentiality, tact and diplomacy;
- Strong team player who is also able to work independently and exercise sound judgment in relations with volunteers, staff, committee members and the general public;
- Understands the working schedule of non-profits and flexibility of hours;
- Possesses the highest degree of ethical standards/professional conduct and operates with integrity;
- Must be flexible to work after hours and/or weekends, as required and attend all signature and cultivation events;
- Very good attendance record;
- Good performance record.
Interested applicants are asked to apply online at www.providence.on.ca.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.