Posted On: 2018-06-28
Closing On: 2018-09-10
Effective: As soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Yonge Street Mission (YSM) is the vibrant, local Christian development agency that is leading an infectious movement - going beyond meeting immediate needs by offering holistic programs and a pathway that can transform the lives of people living with poverty in Toronto from merely surviving to thriving.
YSM is building a solid team of talented fundraising professionals and is currently seeking an ideal candidate who is interested in advancing their career as an Associate Director Major Gifts.
Reporting to the VP Development, the Associate Director Major Gifts will be responsible for managing the full scope of activities related to the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of Major Gift donors. The successful candidate will enjoy a high energy work environment that encourages collaboration, innovation, communication and accountability. They will work in collaboration with YSM staff, board, and volunteers to further enhance the development of the Major Gifts portfolio. The Associate Director Major Gifts will work to further develop and implement a program that will expand the Major Gift’s portfolio of prospects and donors with a donor focussed philosophy while adhering to the highest ethical standards of the fundraising profession.
The Ideal candidate is a results oriented Major Gift fundraiser with a track record of closing individual gifts at levels of $5,000 or more.
The ideal candidate is also a team player and demonstrates both strategic and tactical skills while developing major gifts strategies for the donor pipeline. He/she is a strong communicator who leads by example and encourages teamwork for the sake of the greater goal. The ideal candidate will ensure the integrity of the donor cycle of, identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship and its successful execution.
The ideal candidate will effectively lead and mentor a small Major Gifts team with the goal of growing the capacity of the Major Gifts program over time.
- Successfully achieve annual Major Gift’s revenues in the range of $300,000 -$500,000.
- Manage a portfolio of 60 - 80major gifts prospects including corporate partners, individual donors, and churches
- Implement the Major Gifts strategic plan and ensure the ongoing execution of strategies and tactics to support the growth of an active and prosperous Major Gifts program.
- Work with existing analytics to identify supporters with the capacity to grow into a major donor
- Conduct research and qualify prospects
- Oversee and lead the daily operation of the Major Gifts pipeline to identify and bring forward the best prospects.
- Build strategies for engagement including customized cultivation and solicitation plans for identified prospects
- Build and maintain strong relationships with prospects for solicitation or upgrade. Create learning agendas for priority prospects to match interests to YSM offerings
- Write customized proposals and stewardship reports
- Develop customized donor recognition and stewardship strategies and assist in the execution of stewardship events or tours
- Demonstrated life commitment to YSM’s Articles of Faith, principles of mission and values
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive experience in fundraising at a senior level
- Experience managing a donor pipeline and prioritizing a Major Gifts portfolio for best results
- Experience managing, mentoring and leading staff is considered an asset
- Proficiency working in Raiser’s Edge Prospect Module or similar CRM Data base
- Experience working with data analytics is considered an asset
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office, Excel; PowerPoint, email and internet applications
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior customer service and sound judgement when dealing with donors and volunteers
- Ability to manage people, process, deadlines and budget while adhering to policies and procedures
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently
- Superior Organizational skills, with strict attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written and communication skills with the ability to write compelling proposals and stewardship reports.
- Proficient communicator, with the ability to communicate key funding priorities in a passionate and compelling manner
- An excellent listener, resilient and adaptable, ready to roll up sleeves
- Evidence of leadership skills, initiative, tact and diplomacy
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Campaign experience is considered an asset.
- University or College degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- CFRE designation is an asset
Interested candidates are asked to send resume and cover letter in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for applications is September 10, 2018.
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. Learn more about Yonge Street Mission by visiting our website www.ysm.ca