Posted On: 2018-06-29
No closing date
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position Title: Executive Director, Canadian Chiropractic Research Foundation (CCRF)
Reports To: Canadian Chiropractic Research Foundation (CCRF) Board
Reporting directly to the CCRF Board, the Executive Director is responsible for the leadership, operational management and strategic direction necessary to achieve the goals and direction of the CCRF. Focus areas include: fundraising, governance, stakeholder management, donor management, and the growth of the General Research Fund. The Executive Director is the primary architect and strategist for achieving exceptional fundraising results for the CCRF.
- CCRF Project Manager.
- Is accountable for the successful management of the Canadian Chiropractic Research Foundation.
- Leads the development of the annual strategic plan, ensuring alignment with the established priorities and budget, and recommends it to the CCRF Board for approval.
- Is responsible for the achievement of the fundraising objectives.
- Serves as chief spokesperson and ambassador for the CCRF.
- Engages and builds a strong and vibrant Board to advance the mission of the CCRF and champion fundraising activities.
- Develops strong relationships and collaborates with communities, Canadian Chiropractic Association, Associates and other stakeholders including the research community, universities, provincial and local governments, and other foundations and organizations to fundraise and achieve the strategic plan.
- Leads, mentors, engages, and develops a high performing team.
- Provides exceptional leadership for direct reports and volunteers.
- Aligns CCRF plans with the overall CCA strategic direction.
- Provides and encourages open, effective and positive communication among direct reports, volunteers and the Board.
- Coordinates efforts with the senior management team of the CCA on an ongoing basis. Fundraising and Donor Relations
Fundraising and Donor Relations
- Defines targeted and efficient fundraising plans and ensures that plans are implemented and assessed on a regular basis to achieve fundraising objectives.
- Pro-actively engages with current and prospective donors for major gifts, bequests and annual giving initiatives.
- Acts as champion for the development of best practices, programs and new initiatives that contribute to increasing funds available for the execution of the CCRF mission.
- Develops and implements innovative and visionary fundraising ideas.
- Ensures annual revenue plan is achieved.
- Establishes a strong and vibrant Board of Directors.
- Engages and draws from the Board strategic insights which help to advance the mission of CCRF nationally, including in the areas of Research, Advocacy, and Health Promotion.
- Enlists Board members to support fundraising activities focusing on corporate philanthropy, sponsorships and individual giving.
- Builds and sustains effective working relationships with individual Board members.
- Apprises the Board on a timely basis about key issues, business opportunities, significant operational activities, and financial matters.
- Seeks advice from the Board and successfully leverages their expertise, skills and contributions.
- Leads the development and achievement of the annual strategic plan.
- Serves as the ambassador and chief spokesperson for the CCRF on all matters related to achieving the strategic plan.
- Promotes the CCRF’s brand and strengthens awareness of its mission, vision and goals.
- Builds relationships with people in a variety of levels and types of organizations, including senior leaders.
- Develops positive, collaborative working relationships with relevant stakeholders including the research community, universities, provincial governments, regional health authorities, business community, and other foundations and organizations.
- Leads the development of a strong network of volunteers to support the CCRF mission.
- Visionary, mentor and motivator.
- Demonstrated initiative and innovation.
- Collaborative and inclusive.
- High ethics and integrity.
- Able to juggle multiple deadlines and priorities.
- Energetic and dynamic.
- Brings a strategic mindset to all aspects of the CCRF’s work. A strategic thinker, able to contribute to the overall strategy, provide strategic insights and move the strategic agenda forward.
- Strong experience in major gift fundraising with the ability to develop strong networks to support and grow fundraising.
- Deep experience in fundraising for not-for-profit organizations.
- Strong capacity to build genuine relationships in a complex environment.
- Strong leadership skills and senior management experience.
- Ability to negotiate new partnerships and expand existing alliances.
- Ability to lead an innovative fund development plan within the non-profit sector.
- Stakeholder and media relations experience.
- Strong written and oral communications.
- Bilingualism (English & French) is an asset.
- Demonstrated team leadership and strong coaching skills.
- Experience working with a volunteer Board of Directors.
- Strategic and business planning capability.
- Has CCRF’s mission at heart.
- Effective and passionate in communicating the contributions and value of the CCRF.
- Thoughtful, reflective and engaging leadership style.
- Adept at working with indirect influence.
- Change agent—comfortable with change.
- Politically astute.
- Shared values of Respect, Integrity, Compassion & Excellence.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Health or related field.
- Fundraising Certification or equivalent an asset.
- AFP membership is an asset.
- 5 to 10 years of progressively responsible management and leadership positions with a track record that demonstrates the ability to produce results.
- Demonstrated understanding of governance and working with a volunteer board of directors.
- Solid understanding of business planning and processes.
- Exceptional communication and team building skills.
- A successful track record of achieving fundraising and financial goals.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates can submit their resume and cover letter to Ms. Alison Dantas, Interim CEO of the CCRF at ADantas@chiropractic.ca