Posted On: 2018-06-29
Closing On: 2018-07-29
Location: Richmond Hill
Employment Type: Full-Time
With the mission ‘We inspire inspirational gifts’, Mackenzie Health Foundation has raised more than $142 million for capital projects, medical equipment, technology and educational opportunities for Mackenzie Health. The Foundation is spearheading a $250-million fundraising campaign – the largest to date for a community hospital in Canada – to advance patient care at Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital and raise the community portion of funding to build and equip the future state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital. The Foundation supports Mackenzie Health’s vision and mission to create a world-class health experience and to relentlessly improve care to create healthier communities. As we work toward achieving our exciting mandate, we are seeking to grow our inspired team with a full-time Stewardship and Donor Engagement Officer.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, Marketing and Stewardship, the Officer will help grow and evolve the Foundation’s stewardship and donor engagement program and contribute to the further development and consistent delivery of exceptional donor experiences. Working with the Communications, Marketing and Stewardship team, the Officer will work closely with the fundraising and special events teams to deliver comprehensive and strategic donor-centred initiatives and tools that support the Exceptional Care Belongs Here campaign and Foundation initiatives. The Stewardship and Donor Relations Officer is ultimately responsible for the delivery of agreed-upon stewardship activities as set out in donor recognition annual portfolio plan and gift agreements.
- Collaborates with senior management to lead the development and implementation of a stewardship and donor engagement program that fosters and nurtures long-term, meaningful relationships between the Foundation and its donors and sponsors.
- Ensures stewardship and donor engagement activities are timely, substantive, meaningful and personal.
- Plans and organizes impactful events related to donor and volunteer appreciation events, announcements, tours and milestone celebrations to motivate increased and continued support.
- Ensures donor signage for physical spaces is accurately and efficiently installed and maintains and tracks all signage, including donor wall and plaques.
- Creates and implements highly customized stewardship plans for individual and corporate donors and sponsors in collaboration with fundraising and special events teams.
- Creates and produces targeted stewardship and engagement communications, including interim and final reports, newsletters, e-blasts, invitations, and letters.
- Contributes to the identification and implementation of new and innovative recognition, appreciation and engagement opportunities.
- Compiles and maintains an inventory of existing stewardship and recognition commitments to ensure compliance with the donor recognition policy and matrix and gift agreements.
- Effectively liaises with hospital staff to obtain information required for impact reports and to co-ordinate announcements, hospital site activities, events and tours.
- Maintains an online archive and records for all donor communications.
- Ensures the accuracy and integrity of the donor recognition and naming opportunities database.
- Maintains the stewardship and donor engagement calendar.
- Adheres to all Foundation policies and procedures regarding the integrity, security and appropriate use of information in keeping with the wishes of all donors and stakeholders and relevant privacy legislation.
- Works collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders at the Foundation and Hospital on required projects, including campaigns, special events and stewardship initiatives.
- A degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary institution in a relevant field, including fundraising or special events planning.
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) designation considered an asset.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the fundraising/advancement field or equivalent client-focused environment.
- Strong communication and research skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a strong sense of diplomacy and demonstrated ability to build strong, collaborative relationships within and across departments.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and implement strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major donors and/or clients.
- Understanding of current and emerging best practices in stewardship and donor engagement.
- Ability to work independently, rise to new challenges, find creative solutions, and prioritize competing demands in a fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional organizational skills with a demonstrated ability for accuracy and attention to detail.
- Computer proficiency in using the MS Office suite.
- Experience with donor databases such as Raiser’s Edge.
- Foundation staff are required to work flexible hours including some evenings and weekends.
- Proven attendance record.
- Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
- Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
- Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
- Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health Foundation’s Commitment to Caring.
- Models behaviour that is aligned with the values of Mackenzie Health Foundation– Excellence, Leadership and Integrity.
- Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.
Mackenzie Health Foundation is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Interested candidates are invited to apply by clicking on the following link: https://employment-mackenziehealth.icims.com/jobs/1725/stewardship-and-donor-engagement-officer/job
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.