Posted On: 2018-07-03
Closing On: 2018-08-31
Employment Type: Full-Time
Envision A Mississauga Where No One Goes Hungry
The Mississauga Food Bank (TMFB) is the central food bank in Mississauga, providing food for 3 million meals each year through a network of 50 member agencies. We also advocate for our community, believing that none of our neighbours should go hungry.
Working with our partners and stakeholders we believe the reach and impact of our work will continue to expand as we enter a new and energizing chapter in our history:
- We have a newly appointed Executive Director, confirmed in mid June.
- We are ambitious to grow our annual fundraising, to meet serious increasing community needs.
- We foresee a major capital project in the near future, requiring a focused campaign.
Now TMFB is seeking a proven fundraiser to join our leadership team and lead us to success in accomplishing our immediate and long-term fundraising goals.
Is this role for you?
- Do you want to make a clear difference in people’s lives by helping to build A Mississauga Where No One Goes Hungry?
- Do you see yourself as a knowledgeable fundraising professional, eager to ensure adequate funds are raised to support the mission and vision of the organization?
- Are you a strategist who can envision, plan, and assure effective implementation of multifaceted plans by a team to acquire, develop, and retain donors, and grow contributions?
- Are you passionate about building a culture of philanthropy?
The key attributes we seek
- Past success in leading and nurturing a staff team in fundraising and marketing
- Significant hands-on knowledge of all aspects of a well-developed fundraising program
- Proven success in making major donor calls and guiding/managing others who approach major donors
- A track record that shows the ability to direct the TMFB brand and execute effective communications/marketing strategies to meet organizational goals
How performance in this role is evaluated
The performance of the Director of Development & Marketing is evaluated according to how effectively she or he:
- Leads fundraising and marketing
- Meets fundraising goals in timely and cost-effective manner
- Builds profile and reputation of TMFB
- Grows sustainable fundraising capacity
- Manages staff
- Accomplishes funding goals
- Sets expectations, standards and accountabilities
- Fosters a healthy, positive, work environment
- Grows the skills of individual staff members
- Participates effectively as a leader and team member within TMFB
- Contributes to the leadership team - Joins the Executive Director, staff, and Board of Directors to carry out TMFB’s mission and direction
- Establishes strong and appropriate relationships with Executive Director, staff, Board of Directors, volunteers, donors, and the general community
- Leads in growing a culture of philanthropy
Education and Experience
- A minimum of 7 years progressive experience in leadership positions
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent education
- Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) an asset
- Demonstrated experience and success in
- managing and implementing a comprehensive development and marketing program and producing results.
- personally asking people to contribute time and money
- leading a team in fundraising and marketing
The position is described in detail here. Please read the position description before applying.
The position is permanent, full-time, and available immediately, but the search will remain open until the right candidate is found.
How to apply
Please do NOT contact The Mississauga Food Bank. Please direct all inquiries to KMA Consultants. All inquiries and applications will be acknowledged.
Apply by sending a resume and a cover letter that helps us see you as the leader we seek to applyTMFB@kmaconsultants.ca.