Posted On: 2018-07-05
Closing On: 2018-08-31
Employment Type: Full-Time
Stewardship & Donor Relations Manager
Employment Terms: F/T, Permanent
Start Date: August 2018
Founded in 1829, Upper Canada College is a leading independent school for boys SK- Grade 12, located in the heart of Toronto. The College presents a rigorous, liberal education through the International Baccalaureate Programme and broad co-curricular opportunities to engage students, faculty and staff. Our students are motivated and supported by a well-resourced, exceptional faculty, who bring a diversity of experience to an exemplary professional learning community.
As a key member of Upper Canada College’s Office of Advancement, the Stewardship & Donor Relations Manager has the lead reasonability for the development and execution of the College’s donor engagement, recognition and stewardship programs for all expendable donor funds and $100+ million of endowed funds held by UCC Foundation. This role reports into the Executive Director, Development and Stewardship.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Commitment to Excellence
- Appreciation of the importance of donor management and commitment to best practices and excellence in the area of donor engagement, recognition and stewardship programs
Donor Recognition and Stewardship
- Establishes and maintains data with respect to named funds and donor recognition
- Establishes, implements and monitors policies and procedures for donor recognition, including donor naming protocols, donor loyalty programs, and other forms of donor recognition, to ensure appropriate and consistent recognition
- Collaborates with marketing and communications colleagues and other members of the Advancement team to develop donor communications, including reports and articles
- Collaborates with faculty, staff and students to execute the flagship UCC Named Fund Benefactor Program, the College’s annual reporting program to named fund donors
- Manages donor-directed programs and events (eg Military History Immersion Program, senior donor recognition dinner etc.)
Knowledge, Competencies and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or diploma in marketing, communications or related field; and at least three to five years of relevant experience;
- Experience working with donors;
- Knowledge of principles and methodologies for effective donor recognition and donor maintenance;
- Knowledge of communications principles and best practices for donor communications and outreach, including regular reports and or articles/newsletters;
- Knowledge of principles and techniques of fundraising in general;
- Knowledge of fundraising in an educational environment an asset;
- Knowledge of event management;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge;
- Experience with Microsoft suite of products;
- Experience with InDesign an asset;
- Ability to conceptualize new or revised ways of recognizing donors;
- Ability to obtain and assess feedback on donor events and reporting to determine areas of improvement, enhancement or change;
- Ability to assess trends and emerging practices for donor recognition strategies and events to determine applicability to the school/college’s stewardship program;
- Ability to connect and establish ongoing relationships with students, parents, alumni, current donors, and potential donors;
- Ability to collaborate with advancement staff in delivering and/or supporting events;
- Ability to collaborate with communications staff in delivering the Named Fund Benefactor reports.
Please apply online by creating a “Professional/Management” profile account by Monday July 16, 2018. We thank all candidates in advance; however, will contact only those selected for an interview. No phone calls please.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and value diversity, encouraging applicants from all qualified individuals. If you are contacted by UCC regarding a job opportunity, please advise us if you require any accommodations.
To learn more about us please visit our site at www.ucc.on.ca