Posted On: 2018-07-04
Closing On: 2018-07-13
Employment Type: Other
DO YOU WANT TO BE A PART OF MAKING A REAL DIFFERENCE IN THE LIVES OF WOMEN AND CHILDREN? ARE YOU LOOKING FOR A VITAL AND REWARDING LEADERSHIP ROLE FOCUSED IN FUNDRAISING AND PHILANTHROPY? THEN THE REDWOOD’S VOLUNTEER BOARD OF DIRECTORS IS FOR YOU!
If you are:
- interested in joining a dynamic organization that is dedicated to social justice
- knowledgeable and experienced in
- Social Justice
- Advocacy and
- Strategic Financial Planning and Sustainability
- committed to actively supporting the organization’s fundraising goals
- experienced in working as a non-profit board member
- knowledgeable, from lived experience, work and/or volunteer activity, about violence against women and children, racism and other forms of oppression
- committed to working from an anti-racism and anti-oppression framework
- able to commit to a three-year term of office
You may be the right person to join our team of volunteer Board of Directors
- an ambitious plan to ensure we continue to meet the needs of women and children and that we play an active role in social change through education and action
- a culture of philanthropy in which we all support The Redwood’s fundraising strategy and reach out to individuals who share our values in a concerted effort to ensure the continuation of quality and ranges of services
- embraced an extensive anti-racism and anti-oppression organizational change and development project which continues to transform our organization
More information about The Redwood is available at www.theredwood.com.
If you are interested in seeking an opportunity to become part of The Redwood’s Board of Directors and our third decade of development, please send a cover letter and brief resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by July 13 2018.
The Redwood is committed to the development of a staff and management team that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve. Applications from Aboriginal Women, Women of Colour, Lesbians and Bi‐sexual Women and Women with disabilities are strongly encouraged.
Candidates will be provided with an overview of various elements of the selection process such as tests, skills demonstrations, etc. We will provide employment accommodation (i.e. an accessible location, technical aids, accommodation during the interview, rescheduling of interviews that fall on religious holidays, etc.) if we are advised of an applicant’s needs in advance of any part of the selection process. Please advise us of those needs when you are contacted for an interview.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.