Posted On: 2018-07-04
Closing On: 2018-07-30
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Opportunity: Development Officer, Corporate Philanthropy
Under the supervision of the Director, Corporate Philanthropy, the Development Officer, Corporate Philanthropy will contribute to Pathways to Education’s revenue goals by both leading and assisting with cultivating, soliciting, and securing support from companies and corporate foundations across Canada. The position also supports the Director, Corporate Philanthropy with all facets involved with the development and maintenance of key corporate partnerships.
The incumbent requires a keen interest and affinity for corporate fundraising, an analytical focus, and the ability to work simultaneously on a variety of complex projects with tight deadlines. A strong work ethic, positive outlook, and a sense of humour are definite assets.
- Independently cultivate, solicit and secure existing and new corporate partners and foundations to meet Pathways to Education’s revenue goals
- Contribute to Pathways’ mid-level giving strategy (corporate donors in the range of $5k - $25k) and revenue targets with a strong focus on acquisition through prospect qualification and solicitation
- Perform regular cold calls and follow up activities with prospective donors
- Provide administrative and logistical support to develop and maintain relationships with key corporate partners and prospects through planning and implementation of cultivation and stewardship strategies
- With the support of Communications, prepare and execute effective proposals and grant submissions for corporations and foundations that are compelling, accurate and professional
- Work with senior members of the Program and Research teams to identify opportunities for corporate partner support and volunteer engagement
- Perform regular prospect identification and clearance to ensure the best possible approach is developed
- Ensure all notes from all corporate partner and prospect engagement from calls, emails, gifts, meetings and events are entered into Raiser’s Edge in a timely and accurate fashion
- Support the Director, Corporate Philanthropy with Raiser’s Edge entry as required
Preferred Experience and Qualifications:
- Minimum of four years of fundraising experience, including at least one year corporate fundraising or business development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of corporate giving and the Canadian not-for-profit sector
- Experience with corporate appeals and/or other fundraising solicitations
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills and demonstrated success at persuasive writing
- Ability to think strategically, work independently, and manage competing priorities in a high-volume, and results oriented environment
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills, with the capacity to communicate at all levels with confidence
- Excellent organization and exacting attention to detail
- Acts as a positive influence throughout the organization, fostering a commitment to teamwork and building a climate of professionalism, openness and communication
- Advanced level of proficiency in MS Office applications, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Related post-secondary education or demonstrated equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, some travel may be required
To apply, please email resume and cover letter by July 30, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Pathways Canada thanks all applicants for their interest. Due to volume, only those who qualify for an interview will be contacted.
Pathways to Education Canada is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. Please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.