Posted On: 2018-07-06
Closing On: 2018-08-06
Location: Toronto, ON
Effective: September 4, 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
Michael Garron Hospital is a true general hospital providing care from birth to end-of-life, serving 400,000 people living in East Toronto. We deliver first-rate care on a first-name basis - 90 per cent of the health-care people need, at a level of excellence rivalling anywhere else in the city. We also excel in developing tomorrow’s health-care leaders, with the largest community and family medicine teaching program affiliated with the University of Toronto.
Michael Garron Hospital’s catchment area is unique in Toronto and the most diverse in Canada. As well, more seniors live alone in East Toronto than anywhere else in the city. Poverty and isolation—two of the most critical social determinants of health—affect people in our neighbourhoods disproportionately.
Michael Garron Hospital Foundation has embarked on the Heart of the East Campaign, our $100-million fundraising effort in support of our $500-million redevelopment project. The Heart of the East will completely transform our campus, including construction of the new, eight-storey Ken and Marilyn Thomson Patient Care Centre and the dramatic redevelopment of our existing facility. Join our team to help us equip Michael Garron Hospital to meet the needs of our growing and diverse, often under-served community.
Currently we have an exciting opportunity for an individual who wants to advance their career as our Stewardship Officer (full time).
Reporting to the Campaign Director, the Stewardship Officer will play a key role in managing, developing and implementing opportunities for stewardship, championing innovation and new ideas to build donor engagement across the entire foundation. The incumbent will have the opportunity to implement best practices in an effort to make Michael Garron Hospital Foundation a leader in donor satisfaction.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborate with foundation teams, to drive the continued refinement of stewardship reporting process, ensuring efficiency, transparency and timely delivery of impact reports;
- Collaborate with foundation teams to lead the development and execution of strategic donor stewardship and cultivation events that provide meaningful engagement opportunities for donors and volunteers, and attract new prospective donors;
- Proactively provide planning and support materials required for donor stewardship meetings;
- Provide support for quarterly donor stewardship committee meetings, including logistics, agenda setting, materials preparation and committee communications;
- Manage donor recognition systems including the central donor wall, founders circle scroll, annual report donor listing, plaques and hospital wide naming recognition, and activities of the Visionary Circle;
- Contribute to the development and implementation of policies, standards and processes within Stewardship and Donor Relations;
- Ensure the delivery of the Foundation-wide Donor Recognition framework that includes: donor experience matrix, naming opportunities, donor gift agreements and all associated policies and processes;
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all internal and external stakeholders including fundraisers, volunteers and hospital staff and physicians;
- Track Stewardship and Donor Relations activity adhering to Raisers Edge coding protocol;
- Commit to ongoing professional development by participating in professional associations, attending professional meetings, and developing working relationships with professionals at other institution.
- University Degree or related education, with a minimum 3-5 years of progressive stewardship and donor relations experience, preferably in a health care, education or complex non-profit environment;
- Understanding of best practices in stewardship, gift agreements, and donor relations;
- Excellent donor and volunteer relations skills, with a keen sense of diplomacy;
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to think strategically, work independently and in collaboration with foundation team in driving new initiatives and enhancing existing opportunities;
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, prioritize and multi-task;
- Organized, detail-oriented and strong execution;
- Experience with Raiser’s Edge or relational databases a requirement; and,
- Experience in Microsoft Office Suite.
Please note that we will be reviewing candidates as submitted, and therefore, early applications are encouraged.
If you are ready to join MGH, please email your resume & application form indicating FDN1801 – Stewardship Officer in the subject line to: email@example.com
Michael Garron Hospital fosters an inclusive and diverse work environment. We are committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process. Should you require an accommodation, please let us know how we can work with you to meet your needs.
Our diverse staff is our most valued resource.
Compassion, Integrity, Courage and Accountability are the values that set Michael Garron Hospital apart.