Rationale for Executive Director Position:
The Saugeen Memorial Hospital Foundation is led by a volunteer Board of Directors. The Foundation is dedicated to ensuring that the Saugeen Memorial Hospital (one of six Grey Bruce Health Services hospitals) has the equipment it needs to provide quality health care to residents and visitors of Saugeen Shores area and surrounding region. The Foundation successfully raises in excess of $500 000 annually through various fundraising initiatives, and together with the four other Foundations that support Grey Bruce Health Services hospitals, hosts capital campaigns for specific projects and equipment needs. The Foundation supports pastoral care within the hospital. The Foundation also administers a Nursing Education Fund that is responsible for providing qualifying nurses with financial support to pursue their studies.
To that end, The Saugeen Memorial Hospital Foundation is seeking applicants for a Full-time Executive Director. The director will lead fundraising efforts in accordance with the direction set by the Hospital Foundation through their strategic plan. We are looking for an outgoing, experienced fundraising professional with a passion for local healthcare and an understanding of the challenges and opportunities of fundraising in a rural community.
- Act as administrator to the Foundation, staff expert to the Chair of the Foundation, and recording secretary to the Board
- Provide inspirational leadership to the Foundation’s Team of volunteers
- Oversee the work of the Foundation's Financial Officer
- Develop budgets, tactical plans and risk mitigation measures to meet the Foundation’s long term goals
- Develop and maintain key communication channels, including social media, to engage with our existing donor base, future prospects and the local community
- Research sectors of potential philanthropic funding in Canada
- Maintain stewardship of donors and community partners including the Auxiliary
- Work diligently to acquire and develop new donors
- Organize and execute Foundation events including evening and weekend activities, e.g. Donor Appreciation evening, various fundraisers
- Liaise with third party events run by other bodies on behalf of the Foundation
- Act as liaison with the other 4 Foundations as well as the Charitable Giving Office which support the hospitals of Grey Bruce Health Services
- Previous experience in a senior administrative, managerial, or leadership role, preferably in a non-profit and/or charitable environment
- College or university training in either charitable fundraising or related fields will be considered an asset
- CFRE certification will be considered an asset
- Knowledge of the Grey-Bruce region including demographics, economic, social services, health care etc.
- Demonstrated success in fundraising and an understanding of the philanthropic environment; excellent customer/donor relations skills
- Experience in volunteer and event management preferred
- Demonstrated budget planning and management experience
- Knowledge of investment principals, charitable gift vehicles, tax and estate planning preferred
- Experience with Donor Perfect or similar donor database would be considered an asset
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience in working in a healthcare environment would be considered an asset
- Strong written and oral communication skills, with the ability to provide prompt responses to donors, volunteers, staff, external partners or public enquiries
- Proven skills for successful negotiations and presentations
- Ability to use discretion, judgement and tact in handling sensitive or confidential information and situations
- Ability to understand the challenges and benefits of working with volunteer help and support
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast paced environment with frequent interruptions while maintaining accuracy and attention to detail
- An energetic self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Recent satisfactory performance and attendance
A competitive experienced-based remuneration package awaits the candidate who has a passion for helping to keep health care close to home and who understands the challenges of fundraising in a rural community.
To be considered for this position, please submit a resume and covering letter to the address or fax number below. Applications must be received no later than 4 p.m. on July 31st 2018.
Mail: Jim Barbour, Foundation Chair, c/o Sally Kidson, Saugeen Memorial Hospital Foundation, 340 High St, Southampton, ON N0H 2L0
Phone: 519-797-3230 x3230