Posted On: 2018-07-11
Closing On: 2018-07-27
Employment Type: Temporary
As one of Canada’s pre-eminent patient care, research and academic health science centre, Sinai Health System has a well-earned reputation for excellence in the community, across Canada and internationally.
Sinai Health System Foundation raises and stewards funds to support patient care, world-leading research and innovative education at Sinai Health System, developing collaborative, long-term relationships across the community. The generous support of donors fuels hospital initiatives, care and innovation, that improves the quality of life for our patients, and advancing medical sciences globally.
The Foundation has recently embarked on an exciting and challenging journey to implement its five-year strategic plan. We are looking for a highly motivated and experienced professional to become part of our team and contribute to the success of our plans.
Sinai Health Foundation is looking for a Development Assistant, Tribute. The position will assist in the administration and execution of the Foundation’s tribute program. This position is largely donor facing and will require excellent interpersonal, customer service and telephone skills.
The Development Assistant, Tribute is accountable for ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of all tribute related activities, from taking donations to producing and mailing cards. They will be the point person for all tribute related activities. This position reports to the Manager, Annual Programs and will contribute in meeting the fundraising goals for the Annual Giving department.
The Development Assistant, Tribute’s responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Answering/monitoring the foundation’s dedicated phone line, and email account for tribute donations.
- Respond to donor requests/inquiries by answering calls in a timely and effective manner.
- Capture, record and process tribute card orders and donations received by phone, mail, online or in-person.
- Create, update and maintain accurate donor records in Raiser’s Edge database.
- Generate, proofread and mail Tribute Cards (including, in honour, memory, celebrations)
- Ensure that donors receive the appropriate acknowledgement in a timely manner.
- Monitor stock levels of tribute collateral (cards, envelopes, brochures) and order when needed.
- Send follow up to families with giving reports and appropriate stewardship.
- Provide administrative support for tribute giving programs: Baby Registry, Grateful Hearts, Personal Fundraising pages, etc.
- Point person to coordinate one-off special occasion needs: website, new funds, etc.
- Ensure collateral/stock levels are maintained in hospital properties (brochures, cards, etc.)
- Administer holiday card program (preparing packages, taking orders, producing cards).
- Provide administrative support to Annual Program staff.
- Manage incoming mail.
- Maintains monthly donor credit card expiry, bank information changes customer service.
- Back up for reception duties.
Successful completion of a College Diploma in Office or Business Administration or an equivalent education program from an accredited institution.
Minimum of 2 years of recent and related administrative experience preferably in a large dynamic not-for-profit environment (exposure to Fundraising or Healthcare environment an asset).
Demonstrated organizational and administrative skills including strong ability for proofing materials.
Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to communicate in a tactful and professional manner.
Working knowledge of Raiser’s Edge or similar database preferred.
Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
Respectful and service oriented with demonstrated ability to attend to details; exceptional follow-through as demonstrated through effective customer service experience.
Commitment to delivering exceptional service.
Works well in a team environment with the ability to multi-task and meet deadlines.
Strong understanding of donor stewardship fundamentals preferred.
Ability to set priorities, demonstrate a positive attitude, troubleshoot and problem solve independently using sound judgment.
Enjoy working in a fast paced, dynamic organization with the ability to relate to a variety of personality and communication styles.
For more details and to apply, please visit: https://sinaihealthsystem-mountsinai.mua.hrdepartment.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/1136