Community & Corporate Giving Officer
This is a 37.5 hour a week, full time contract position, for up to 18 months. A typical work week will be Monday to Friday with a combination of working out of the Foundation office, in the community and remotely. Hours will vary depending on events and meetings and could include days, evenings and some weekends.
The selected candidate would begin working for the Stevenson Memorial Hospital Foundation beginning the week of September 4, 2018.
The Community & Corporate Giving Officer reports to the Director of Development. The Community & Corporate Giving Officer plays a key role in developing both internal and external relationships. Working with community partners, the Community & Corporate Giving Officer is responsible for several existing donor programs, including a strategic focus on the growth of the Major Gifts program. The portfolio includes third party event hosts, cause-related marketing partners, community groups, businesses, and individual donors. The position takes a lead role in developing Foundation communication pieces utilizing a variety of media and marketing channels. As a member of the Foundation team, the position also includes support towards other organizational activities, as required.
The position works in collaboration with the Foundation Team to ensure timely and effective coordination of donor information, cultivation and stewardship events.
- Responsible for the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of a portfolio of major gift donors, including businesses, community groups, event hosts, and individual donors.
- Works with community partners to develop and coordinate events that raise the Foundation’s profile and increase fundraising opportunities.
- Maintain donor and event records in the Raiser’s Edge database
- Represent the Foundation at events and/or arrange for trained volunteer representation
- Work collaboratively with all Foundation staff to develop both internal and external communications, utilizing website, social media, print media, radio, and others.
- Responsible for the overall coordination of social media updates.
- Special Projects, which may include development of publicity materials, multi-media initiatives, and associated materials
- Recruit and manage volunteers, as required, to support Foundation initiatives and events
- Other duties, as required.
DECISION MAKING AUTHORITY
- Responsible for ensuring work supports the strategic fundraising plan.
- Guidelines are established by the Director of Development, event committees, general business principles and Foundation policies procedures and guidelines
- Event details are set by the event committees. Once established, the position can perform the duties required to support the event without reference to superiors.
- Coordinate routine general Committee meetings.
- Draft meeting agendas, supporting documentation, minutes (for review prior to distribution).
- Develop thank you letters, with both established templates, and personalized.
- Provide content for website.
- Provide social media updates.
- Community College diploma or University degree in fundraising or a combination of work and related education experience. Minimum of 2 years’ experience
- Experience with fundraising database applications, specifically Raiser's Edge is an asset
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with exceptional attention to detail.
- Superior customer service skills.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Able to work well with others, excellent interpersonal skills.
- Highly motivated with a positive attitude.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Able to manage multiple priorities effectively and thrive under pressure
- Director of Development - report to and get direction from
- Board members - information and updates
- Hospital Staff- work in cooperation with Campaign Committees - support work of Committees, as assigned
- Donors - interact with at events, solicitation and stewardship activities
- Community Members - raise profile and maintain a positive image of the Foundation with the community, at large.
- Events Committees
- Philanthropic Leadership Committee
- Fund Development Committee
Submit a cover letter and resume to the attention of:
Melody McLean, CFRE - Director of Development
Mail: Stevenson Memorial Hospital Foundation 200 Fletcher Crescent,
PO Box 4000, Alliston, Ontario L9R 1W7
Selected candidates will be contacted throughout the duration of the post. No phone calls please. Those selected for an interview will be contacted.