Posted On: 2018-07-17
Closing On: 2018-08-15
Location: Southwestern Ontario
Effective: as soon as possible
Employment Type: Full-Time
Children’s Health Foundation is a leading fundraising organization in Southwestern Ontario and parts of Northern Ontario, raising funds in support of children’s and youth health care, research and rehabilitation. We support Children’s Hospital at London Health Sciences Centre, Thames Valley Children’s Centre and Children’s Health Research Institute. Since 1922, Children’s Health Foundation has granted over $95 million to fund specialized health care initiatives, rehabilitation and research for children.
Children’s Health Foundation is a charity accredited by Imagine Canada. We are committed to building excellence, transparency and accountability in all areas, including governance, finances, fundraising, staff management and volunteer involvement.
The Regional Philanthropy Officer will be an ambassador for Children's Health Foundation with a mandate of broadening, building and sustaining fundraising success by building relationships and profile across the region. The Regional Philanthropy Officer is a part of a dynamic team of fundraising professionals striving to position the Foundation as a leader in healthcare philanthropy, committed to building integrated fundraising and engagement strategies that secure gifts to improve kids’ lives.
The focus area of this role will be southwestern Ontario, specifically, but not limited to Lambton, Kent, Essex, and Huron counties. The ideal candidate will reside in this area and work from a home office with weekly visits into London and the Children’s Health Foundation office.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Identify, engage, cultivate, solicit and steward assigned prospects to support a culture of donors who feel connected, valued and informed.
Manage a portfolio of current donors, as assigned.
- Champion the goals of the leadership and major gift revenue generation plans, with a focus on philanthropy, participation and engagement of a variety of constituent groups.
- Develop and execute an annual work plan in consultation with Foundation leadership staff, ensuring that objectives are achieved.
- Plan, coordinate, and execute personalized solicitation activities with donors, partners and community constituents in a sophisticated and effective manner.
- Co-ordinate personal visits and solicitations, and conduct face-to-face meetings with donors, utilizing Foundation volunteers or senior leaders, where appropriate.
Support strategic fundraising events that cultivate, steward, and celebrate giving to the Foundation.
Develop meaningful recognition and stewardship programs for assigned donors, in alignment with Foundation stewardship practices.
- A visible and positive champion for Children’s Health Foundation in our region, attends networking and other community events to represent the Foundation and identify new opportunities for engagement.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate of post-secondary program in event management, communications, fundraising, public relations or related field.
- 3-5 years non-profit fundraising experience, preferably securing major gifts and and/or personal solicitation of gifts
- Experience working with community volunteers
- Proven in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Office and database software (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Demonstrated strong organizational and project management skills
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Recognized as an outgoing, enthusiastic, confident, professional with a warm disposition and strong interpersonal skills
Travel is required; the incumbent must possess a valid driver’s license and have use of a car. The ideal candidate will work from a home office with weekly visits into London and the Children’s Health Foundation office.
The nature of the work is such that evening, and some weekend work is required for attendance at Foundation events on approval of the supervisor.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a confidential letter of application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15, 2018. Please quote “Regional Philanthropy Officer” in the subject line.
No phone calls please. While we wish to acknowledge all candidates, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.