Posted On: 2018-07-18
Closing On: 2018-08-15
Employment Type: Full-Time
Title: Advancement Coordinator
Reporting Relationships: Reports to - Director, Operations
Sunnybrook is a premier academic health sciences centre, fully affiliated with the University of Toronto, with a vision to invent the future of health care. Our mission is to care for our patients and their families when it matters most.
From our beginnings as a hospital for Canadian veterans, Sunnybrook has flourished into a fully affiliated teaching hospital of the University of Toronto, evolving to meet the needs of our growing community. Today, with 1.3 million patient visits each year, Sunnybrook has established itself across three campuses and is home to Canada's largest trauma centre.
Our five strategic areas of focus are:
- Heart and vascular
- High risk maternal and newborn
- Image guided brain therapies
The advancement coordinator will provide the highest level of administrative support to Advancement Operations. The advancement coordinator will monitor and assist with all activities of the directors, primarily focused on the cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift donors. The role requires considerable confidentiality, initiative, tact, and mature and independent judgment. This role will support the Director, Operations as well as two (2) Directors, Advancement.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Manage calendar’s which would include booking meetings with donors, coordinate and execute meeting logistics and preparation of materials
- Provide first point of contact for donors, physicians and others seeking information regarding gifting to Sunnybrook Foundation
- Assist in organizing, coordinating and managing donor and volunteer events
- Monitor donor activity, ensuring contact reports and follow-up actions are recorded and completed
- Represent team on projects and committees as assigned
- Coordination of special projects as assigned, taking responsibility from inception to completion
Donor and Gift Data Management
- Process major gifts including new pledges, pledge payments and one-time gifts
- Perform all data-entry, coding, filing and information management pertaining to the Director’s activities
- Regularly maintain and update donor records
- Regularly monitor major gift reports to ensure accuracy of pipeline and individual metrics
- Monitor donor agreement fulfillment
- Monitor pledge fulfillment
- Monitor and track stewardship activity
- Assist in organizing, coordinating and managing stewardship events
- Review lists for mailings, special email announcements, event invitations etc.
- Book and coordinate annual stewardship update meetings for major donors
- Identify opportunities for donor stewardship
Skills and abilities required:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy
- Highly organized and flexible with the ability to manage multiple priorities, tasks and relationships in a fast-paced professional environment
- Self-directed and able to complete projects with limited supervision
- Maintains confidentiality without exception
- Proven ability to plan and coordinate a full range of informal and formal, small and large meetings and events
- Proven ability to handle sensitive and confidential situations, demonstrate poise, tact and diplomacy
- Analytical and problem solving skills and proven ability to research and summarize information
- Proven ability to provide excellent client service
- Ability to prioritize a diverse workload
- College or university degree or equivalent
- 3+ years of related work experience
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite including Outlook or similar scheduling software
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge
- Customer service experience in a professional environment
If you would like to apply for this role, please send a cover letter and a current resume listing your qualifications and experience by August 1st to foundationHR@sunnybrook.ca.
Please quote “Advancement Coordinator, Operations” in the subject line of your e-mail. We thank all applicants in advance. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Sunnybrook Foundation is committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (‘AODA’). If you require accommodations for disability during any stage of the recruitment process, please indicate this in your cover letter.