Posted On: 2018-07-25
Closing On: 2018-08-17
Employment Type: Full-Time
About JA Central Ontario:
JA Central Ontario is a charitable organization that works with leading business professionals to deliver experiential learning to students in grades 4 to 12 in entrepreneurship, financial literacy, work readiness and other skills critical to be competitive in the new economy. JA’s programs spark the entrepreneurial spirt of Canadian youth and provide them with the tools to be competitive on the global stage.
The Vice-President Revenue Development is responsible for creating and implementing JA Central Ontario’s (JACO) revenue strategies. The role is responsible for driving revenue growth within existing and new corporate accounts, sponsorship revenue, special event revenue and individual giving. The role will develop budgets, stewardship and retention plans for all sources of revenue. In addition, the role shares joint responsibility with the VP Programs for the recruitment of volunteers and annual program delivery objectives with corporations. Critical success factors in this role include an aggressive mindset for results, a commitment to growth and developing a culture of excellence. This position represents a key voice on the JA Central Ontario leadership team. Four full time and one part-time position report into this role; the Director of Sponsorship & Business Development, Director of Corporate Accounts, two Account Managers, and a Manager of Foundations & Individual Donor Relations. Corporate sales experience as well as not-for-profit revenue experience is required as 90% of JA Central Ontario funding comes from corporations.
- Contributes to the setting and achievement of annual operating objectives as a member of JACO’s Leadership Team.
- Represents the revenue team at JACO Board of Directors and Board of Governors meetings. Prepares and presents revenue updates as required.
- Working in collaboration with JACO’s CEO, members of the Board of Directors and members of the Board of Governors;
- Creates joint opportunities to grow JACO revenue
- Facilitates warm introductions to key decision makers in target sectors/organizations & individual sources of revenue
- Facilitates participation among the members to assist in sponsorship sales, table sales for Governors’ Dinner, foursomes for JACO’s annual golf tournament, and other special events
- Works with the Director of Corporate Accounts and Director of Sponsorships & New Business to ensure revenue targets for existing corporate partners, sponsorships and student educational events are met.
- Works with the Director of Sponsorships & Business Development to ensure a pipeline of new corporate opportunities is sufficient (3-5x budget) to achieve revenue targets for new business and sponsorship sales. In addition, ensures sponsorship activations are executed in accordance with sponsorship agreements
- Works to ensure foundation revenue targets are met and that the Manager of Foundations & Individual Donor Relations is continually identifying new sources of foundation revenue (e.g. community grants, government funding) as well as maintaining a solid pipeline of qualified opportunities (3-5x budget).
- Works with the Manager of Foundations & Individual Donor Relations, and the CEO on individual giving strategies focused on growing this revenue base.
- Works with the Account Managers to ensure program delivery targets are achieved and to grow volunteer engagement at accounts with large employee bases.
- Works with Vice-President, Programs & IT to ensure effective collaboration between the revenue team and the programs team. This includes accurate forecasting of classroom deliveries and volunteer recruitment numbers from existing accounts, in addition to ramping up new corporate partners.
- Ensure sufficient revenue is available to support program delivery targets
- Drives the collection and maintenance of quantitative and qualitative donor data in JA Central Ontario’s CRM platform, Salesforce/Causeview.
- Provides weekly revenue updates to leadership team
- Works the Senior Director, Finance and Operations to prepare annual revenue budgets and latest estimates as required
- Drives the yearly stewardship process and account by account planning sessions
- Works collaboratively with JA Canada staff on mutual funding opportunities.
- Researches new and innovative approaches to individual giving.
- Continually looks for operational efficiencies within the key accountabilities of the revenue team.
- Annually delivers a minimum of one classroom program and visits one Company Program.
- Available to participate in after-hour events as required.
- Other tasks as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS and KEY COMPETENCIES
- An energetic and dynamic professional with demonstrated experience in developing and implementing successful revenue development strategies
- 10 – 15 years combined experience in sales both in the not-for-profit and corporate sectors
- Experience reporting to and working with a Board of Directors.
- Strong financial acumen and strong ability to manage sales cycles
- Relevant post-secondary education
- Experience in managing people and developing a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically and effective at building relationships
- Strong work ethic; professional presence; self-starter; flexible
- Excellent networking and negotiation skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Superior writing and research skills and demonstrated success writing winning proposals
- A keen desire to impact the next generation of business leaders
- Experience managing a large volunteer base considered an asset
- Submit a valid police check within 3 months of hiring
Please apply by submitting a copy of your resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applying is Friday, August 17, 2018