Posted On: 2018-07-27
Closing On: 2018-08-27
Employment Type: Full-Time
Since 1991, Evergreen, a not-for-profit, has provoked bold action in transforming public landscapes into thriving community spaces. We believe that connecting people, natural and built worlds create flourishing cities for the future. For more than 25 years Evergreen has connected, collaborated, and catalyzed Canadians to do amazing things positively affecting attitudes and behaviours that lie at the core of a sustainable city. For more information visit www.evergreen.ca
Do you have superb communication skills and a knack for delivering best-in-class client support to business leaders, giving foundations, and philanthropists? Evergreen is recruiting for a Stewardship Officer, Partnerships who will assist in identifying, cultivating, and stewarding Evergreen’s growing roster of corporate, foundation, and government partners. This role will prioritize account support through a focused process including coordination across Evergreen’s dynamic, cross-functional teams.
The Stewardship Officer reports to the Sr. Manager, Corporate Partnerships and plays a key role in advancing both internal and external relationships at Evergreen. As an integral member of the Development team, the Stewardship Officer will support comprehensive, sponsor-centric initiatives, and build tools that support many of Evergreen’s site-wide programs.
The Stewardship Officer works in close collaboration with Evergreen’s Strategic Initiatives, Programming, and Marketing & Communications teams, and will interface with corporate partners, cause-related marketing partners, third-party event hosts, and individual philanthropic contributors. This position also includes support towards other organizational activities, as required.
- Assist Development team to develop and implement stewardship strategies that strengthen long-term relationships with major corporate partners
- Support development of customized stewardship plans for partners at various recognition levels within the organization
- Responsible for the delivery of agreed-upon stewardship activities as set out in sponsor and/or partnership agreements
- Ensure details of stewardship plans are compiled and communicated to partners and donors
- Support activity tracking by ensuring investments are clearly and comprehensively documented in CRM, including reporting requirements, regular communication and proposal submissions.
- Prepare acknowledgment and stewardship communications for signature by executives, board members, and key volunteers
- Collaborate across Development team to improve acknowledgment and recognition procedures for major partnerships
- Liaise with staff throughout Evergreen to identify and develop recognition opportunities
- Prepare documents that serve as background for executive meetings and conversations with potential partners
- Coordinate with the Marketing & Communications team to ensure consistency among various stewardship materials
- As needed, assist in planning and execution of meetings or events that advance Corporate Partner involvement
- Support a process that prompts executives and assists them in maintaining personal contact with major partners and volunteers
- Identify best practices at other organizations for stewardship planning and operation
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: Development Team, Strategic Initiatives, Programming, Marketing & Communications, and Finance
External: Evergreen’s Corporate Partners, Individual Donors, Volunteers
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in related field, advanced degree or CFRE preferred
- 3-5 years’ experience in partnership development, fundraising or an equivalent client-focused environment
- Demonstrated skills in writing, organization, and acute attention to detail
- Strong prior experience in all aspects of business correspondence and communication
- Working experience with CRM systems (Raiser’s Edge preferred)
- Prior experience with donor cultivation and recognition events
- Very strong people skills
- Knowledge of principles and techniques relevant to Partnership development, sponsorship marketing and Major Gift fundraising
Models Evergreen’s Core Values: Collaboration, Innovation, Accountability, Systems Approach
- Attention to detail. Does not let important details slip through the cracks.
- Communication. Speak, listen and write in a clear, confident, respectful, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- Customer-focus. Anticipate, understand, and respond to the needs of internal and external customers/donors to meet or exceed their expectations and receives positive feedback from internal and external customers/donors.
- Flexibility/adaptability. Flexible, versatile and/or tolerant in a changing work environment while maintaining effectiveness and efficiency. Adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. Cope effectively with complexity and change.
- Proactivity/Enthusiasm/Persistence. Act without being told what to do. Passionate and excited over work. Can-do attitude. Tenacious and goes the distance to get something done.
- Planning/Organization/Project Management. Determine strategies to move the organization forward, set goals and focus on priorities, create/implement action plans/budgets, document, evaluate, and learn.
- Calm under pressure. Demonstrate composure in stressful situations.
- Inclusive. Effectively works across lines of difference.
- Regular Hours, Monday to Friday
- Ongoing availability for occasional evening and weekend meetings and events
Terms of contract: Full time
Cover letters and resumes can be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
Please Reference “Stewardship Officer, Partnerships” in the subject line
By Mail to Attention: Human Resources
Centre for Green Cities, Suite 300
Evergreen Brick Works, 550 Bayview Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M4W 3X8
Evergreen welcomes applications from persons of diverse backgrounds and is an equal opportunity employer. Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process as required under Evergreen’s Accommodation policy. Applicants, please make your needs known in advance. We sincerely thank all candidates for their interest. However, only those selected for an interview will be notified. No phone calls please.