Posted On: 2018-07-27
Closing On: 2018-08-27
Effective: September 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
Director of Advancement, Rosseau Lake College
Rosseau Lake College (RLC) is seeking a Director of Advancement to join the Leadership Team of the School.
Director of Advancement Position
Rosseau Lake College is currently in the midst of an exciting and historic campus revitalization. With an ambitious and thoroughly consulted Master Plan, a dedicated team of staff and faculty, a passionate alumni association, a visionary Head of School, and full Board support, RLC is ready to launch the biggest capital campaign in the history of our school, and we are looking for a senior advancement professional with a proven track record to lead our team to the next level.
As a member of the leadership team, the Director of Advancement is responsible for developing and implementing an advancement strategy that supports RLC’s Mission and Vision. Beginning in the Fall of 2018, working closely with the Board, the Alumni and volunteers, the Director of Advancement will play a lead role in stewarding, cultivating and securing major gifts as part of a major capital campaign. In the longer term, the incumbent will develop and foster an embedded culture of philanthropy at RLC. The Director of Advancement is directly responsible for revenue generation at a pre-determined level.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Develops the advancement strategy and execution plan, including capital campaign initiatives in collaboration with the Leadership Team.
- Leads/oversees all aspects of fundraising programs for Rosseau, including major gifts, capital campaigns, annual fund, planned giving, event-based fundraising, and stewardship.
- Ensures that fundraising plans and campaigns include strategies for all stakeholder groups, including parents and alumni both domestically and internationally, to engage and strengthen relations within the community.
- Oversees all aspects of the off-campus constituent relations programs focused on alumni and parent relations. These include but are not limited to reunions, special events, communications, volunteer engagement and services.
- Plays a central role with the Head of School to develop an integrated communications plan designed to enhance and support the school’s philanthropic initiatives.
- Leads the major gifts program and capital campaign as a moves manager for major gift prospects, including being involved with the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospective leadership donors, collaborating with the Head of School and Board of Governors.
- Implements the appropriate tools and processes to support Advancement programs, including database, records, prospect research, and market research.
- Leads, coaches and develops faculty, staff, and volunteers to play active roles in the advancement strategy.
- Works with the Leadership Team, the Board of Governors, Parents, Alumni, volunteers, and with employees so there is cohesion among stakeholders who genuinely feel engaged, valued and utilized in the delivery of a well-executed, relationship-focused advancement program.
- Ensures the ethical management of donor policies and procedures.
- Responsible fiscal management of advancement budget and all fundraising expenses.
- Actively participates in the Rosseau Lake School Community by attending school events.
Knowledge, Skills & Technical Ability:
- Post-Secondary Education
- CFRE Designation is an asset
- Passionate about the Mission, Vision and Values of Rosseau Lake College
- Minimum 10 years of professional fundraising experience in leadership roles within the not-for-profit sector, ideally in independent schools
- Proven experience in successfully designing, implementing, and leading a capital campaign
- Knowledge of market & donor segmentation, development writing, solicitation material design, and database management
- Strong management skills in donor relations, and ability to implement principles and practices of stewardship
- Experience in the development and production of fundraising materials
- Experience and knowledge with Raiser’s Edge an asset
- Strong communication skills
Rosseau Lake College is a small independent day and boarding school in Muskoka, Ontario, Canada, just 2 ½ hours north of Toronto. Located on 50 acres along uninterrupted, pristine Lake Rosseau shoreline in Muskoka, the campus is set in a serene landscape that provides a distinctive, natural environment for students to live and learn. A co-educational environment, offering day or boarding for Grades 7 – 12, RLC offers a unique exploratory educational experience for its 100 students. Rosseau Lake College is a not-for-profit corporation with over 40 employees and has strong teacher presence with 50% of faculty living on campus.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply and express their interest in confidence via email to Teal and Co Inc. at email@example.com, or by mail to Teal & Co Inc. at 277 Lakeshore Road East, Suite 407, Oakville, ON L6J 1H9 no later than August 27th, 2018. To learn more about the position visit www.rosseaulakecollege.com.
We appreciate all applications, however, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rosseau Lake College is committed to providing accommodation for persons with disabilities. Please contact Rosseau Lake College administration office (705) 732-4351 for further details or if you require any information in an alternate format. Rosseau Lake College is an equal opportunity employer.