Posted On: 2018-07-30
Closing On: 2018-08-17
Employment Type: Full-Time
About JA Central Ontario
We inspire and prepare young people to succeed in a global economy. We teach students how to start businesses that create jobs. JA programs teach entrepreneurial values that strengthen workplaces and teach skills to generate wealth, and manage it. We believe in the boundless potential of young people. In this last year JA Central Ontario was proud to deliver 2250 programs, connect with 4000 volunteers and inspire 58,000 students. The organization is part of a global network reaching 10M students annually.
Job Description: Manager, Foundations and Individual Donor Relations
It is the purpose of this role to function as an integral part of the Revenue Development team and support the planning, execution, and reporting of JA Central Ontario’s Individual and Foundation revenue lines. This role provides key leadership and project management to the annual Individual Giving and Foundation campaigns by planning, tracking, and driving fundraising activities necessary to achieve JA Central Ontario’s annual revenue goals.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Strategic planning and executing the individual and foundation giving calendar, including a comprehensive monthly giving opportunity
- Working with internal stakeholders to lead the preparation of funding proposals to foundations and grants
- Adding value to the organizations goal of re-engaging alumni to support the work of the organization
- Growing individual giving by gaining new donors and stewarding their engagement
1. Individual Giving
- Manage a portfolio of Individual Donors driving YOY growth. Key stakeholders include volunteers, student alumni, parents, teachers.
- Identify and qualify new individual donors by developing and executing prospecting and solicitation strategies for individual giving.
- Using Salesforce CRM, track and report on individual donor pipeline, as well as planned and completed activities.
- Assist in developing strategies for ongoing donor recognition and stewardship activities, including but not limited to the JA Central Ontario website, Annual Report, and events.
- Ensure alignment of Individual donor stewardship activity with JA Central Ontario stewardship strategies and standards.
2. Philanthropic Foundations/Government Grants
- Improve and execute on the annual Foundation plan. Portfolio includes family foundations, Clubs, and Government funding.
- Manage stewardship process with existing foundation partners and seek input for ways JACO can be more effective in its proposals and its case for support.
- Identify new foundation partners, working with internal stakeholders to prepare and submit funding proposals. Prepare and distribute a minimum of 8 proposals monthly.
- Collaborate with the VP, Programs & IT on approaches to all grants that have a program delivery focus.
- Ensure accurate and timely entry of quantitative and qualitative data in Salesforce CRM system.
- Manage the grant/foundation revenue pipeline (5x pipeline) and report weekly on performance to budget.
3. Engage with the work of JA Central Ontario
- Participate in JA Central Ontario fundraising and educational events as required, including but not limited to Governors’ Dinner, JA Central Ontario Golf Classic and Company Program events.
- Deliver one JA Classroom Day Program per year or as required. Be available to assist with classroom cancellations if required.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 3+ years’ experience working in development for a not-for-profit organization, preferably working directly within individual and foundation donor portfolios.
- Strong analytical skills. Ability to manage and analyze financial performance of your portfolio.
- Proven track record of achieving revenue targets.
- A disciplined approach to work, ability to think strategically and manage multiple priorities with ease.
- Exceptional team player.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Proven written communication skills; ability to write concise, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Proficiency in Windows Office Suite, CRM system such as Salesforce.
- Post-Secondary Education (University or College).
You’ll love this job if you are:
- Motivated to be a bright, shining star and key contributor to the success and sustainability of a growing and impactful organization.
- Keen on working in a highly collaborative, fast-paced and supportive environment of co-workers striving for excellence.
- Friendly, fun and hard-working.
Please apply by submitting a copy of your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applying is Friday, August 17, 2018