Posted On: 2018-07-30
Closing On: 2018-08-31
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Employment Type: Full-Time
Director, Direct Marketing
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Save the Children Canada is a member of Save the Children International, a family of 30 international organizations that operate life-saving programs around the world in more than 120 countries worldwide including delivering programs focused on health and nutrition, education, child protection, child poverty, humanitarian response, and child rights governance. As the world’s leading independent charity for children, Save the Children’s vision is a world in which every child attains the right to survival, protection, development and participation. The Canadian team contributes $60 million to this global INGO annually.
Their work saves and improves the lives of children who are in danger, exploited, dehumanized and denied access to basic necessities, whatever the cause. This is accomplished through programs, both internationally and here in Canada, that rely on collaborative partnerships that elevate results and better ensure long-term sustainability. In 2017, Save the Children reached 49 million children in more than 120 countries. The team is committed to ensuring children realize the rights to which they are entitled under the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, Save the Children Canada is seeking a direct marketing leader with exceptional strategic and analytics skills who would like to make a major difference within one of the top INGOs serving children. Responsibilities include leading all direct marketing programs and activity, overseeing the data management and leading the donor services program and team, and working with the major gifts/planned giving teams to segment donors/ identify prospects and ensuring excellent stewardship is in place for Save the Children Canada donors.
- University degree plus a minimum of seven years of directly related annual giving/direct marketing/online giving experience at a senior level or equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Minimum 3 years in a supervisory position (minimum 4 employees)
- Excellent project management experience with the ability to develop and implement strategic and creative fundraising plans with clear performance metrics and goals
- Strong finance/analytical skills: proven ability to evaluate and assess direct marketing programs/results and develop new strategies to meet and exceed goals (e.g. increasing revenue goals year over year)
- Proficient in workflow planning with the ability to recognize opportunities and prioritize them to attain goals
- Proven experience in digital marketing including the management of online marketing programs
- Exceptional knowledge and application of digital fundraising, direct marketing, and annual giving best practices
- Proven experience using social media applications in a non-profit setting
- Solid understanding of database management, gift processing and donor relations
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written); able to communicate in a compelling manner with tact, diplomacy and discretion
- Ability to provide direction and motivation to others through communication, modeling appropriate behaviour, optimism and high achievement
- Strong interpersonal skills; a leader with a passion for mentoring/coaching staff
- Advanced competence in MS office suites including data and financial analysis in Excel
- Advanced competence in the use of CRM databases, Raiser’s Edge preferred
This search is being conducted on behalf of Save the Children Canada by crawfordconnect, a search firm specializing in recruiting leaders for Canada’s non-profit sector. If someone you know may be interested in this position, please feel free to forward this document – we’d be pleased to connect with them.
By August 31, 2018, please apply with both your cover letter and resume through our website at http://jobs.crawfordconnect.com/jobposting.asp?WebJobPostingsID=45. After applying through our online portal, you will receive a notification, confirming receipt of your application submission.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume and letter of interest online, through our website or by email to our consultant, in confidence.
We thank all applicants for applying, however, only qualified candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.