Posted On: 2018-07-30
Closing On: 2018-08-24
Location: Whitby, ON
Effective: September 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time
Position: Director, Marketing & Brand Strategy
Location: 55 Gordon St., Whitby, ON
Pay Rate: $75,000 - $80,000 per annum, commensurate with experience and education. We also offer comprehensive benefits and access to our superb sport, fitness and recreational facilities.
Start Date: September 2018
You Belong Here!
The relentless drive to enhance the quality of life and citizenship for people of all ages and abilities is a quality that everyone at Abilities Centre shares: employees, members, volunteers, and partners alike.
Our workplace is a fast-paced environment that demands we be collaborative, innovative, authentic, and accountable. We welcome people into our work environment in the same friendly, inclusive way we welcome our members. Abilities Centre is a workplace where you can learn, develop, be your true self, and have fun, all while realizing your fullest potential.
If you are positive, innovative, and inclusive, and want to gain valuable career experience at a place where everyone is welcome to get active, social, and creative, then we invite you to consider this exciting opportunity to join our team!
The Director, Marketing & Brand Strategy is responsible for the positioning of Abilities Centre’s brand, mission and reputation, the marketing of our enterprise and charitable activities, and ensuring the ongoing presence of a consistent and positive perception of the organization and its mission. In this role, the Director, Marketing & Brand Strategy provides strategic leadership support to the Senior Management Team and is an active participant in the overall strategic direction of Abilities Centre as we strive to grow our programming, fundraising and awareness across Canada. This includes the planning, development, and implementation of a broad range of communications, media and public relations activities related to the strategic direction of Abilities Centre.
Summary of main duties:
- Contributes to strategic planning and operational execution of our national mission, programs and sub-brands across Canada
- Provides strategic leadership and guidance in all marketing matters, including development and execution of annual marketing plan
- Plays central role in the branding and positioning of Abilities Centre as the charity of choice for inclusion and accessibility
- Directs the development of communications, including electronic and print publications and promotional assets
- Enables increased institutional revenue generation by supporting Development team in sponsor/donor engagement and activation
- Collaborates with Development to mobilize public engagement, awareness, and financial contributions
- Responsible for delivering the final “look and feel” and ensuring consistent branding of all external content from all departments
- Oversees the continuous improvement/updating of Abilities Centre’s website and social media
- Oversees distribution and placement of all advertising with creative agencies/media buyers, ensuring brand consistency
- Directs the active cultivation and stewardship of strong media relations
- Directs contractors/freelancers in the creation and delivery of communications
- Directs writing and editing of news releases, announcements, and media posts
- University degree or equivalent in marketing or related field
- Minimum 6-8 years senior management experience directing comprehensive strategic marketing, communications, media relations to advance an organization’s mission and goals
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial spirit and strategic leadership – willingness to take measured risks, can-do attitude, ability to bootstrap, and drive innovation
- Demonstrated ability to build effective internal/ external relationships and act as a trusted coach, colleague and executive
- Demonstrated experience building and delivering a strategic marketing and communications and plan based on business objectives
- Knowledge of inclusion, and accessibility issues are an asset
- Previous experience providing communications and marketing direction for fundraising campaigns an asset
- French fluency, written and oral, an asset
Do you have the all the right background plus the drive to improve lives by bringing people together to explore opportunities, discover passions, and fulfill aspirations? If so, apply now: You Belong Here.
Abilities Centre is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion; we welcome and encourage applications from all qualified candidates. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all who apply, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. www.abilitiescentre.org/employment