Posted On: 2018-07-31
Closing On: 2018-08-29
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Royal Conservatory (RCM) is one of the largest and most respected music education institutions in the world, providing the definitive standard of excellence in curriculum design, assessment, and teacher certification. Graduates of its two performance training programs, The Glenn Gould School and The Phil and Eli Taylor Performance Academy for Young Artists, regularly perform on major international stages. The RCM is also a leader in the development of early childhood education programs and arts-based social programs, and presents a diverse range of concerts featuring the finest Canadian and international artists in its magnificent performance space, Koerner Hall. Please visit www.rcmusic.com for more information.
The Development department of The Royal Conservatory is seeking a Development Officer, Fundraising Database to support its fundraising activities through the accurate and timely administration of the fundraising database (The Raiser’s Edge). The successful candidate will be responsible for processing all donations, preparing tax receipts and acknowledgement letters, issuing pledge reminders, making biographical updates, performing data analysis, creating and generating database reports, training end-users, and all other functions related to the effective, timely and efficient management of the database in support of the RCM’s relationship-building with donors, prospects and other stakeholders. The Development Officer will work with the Senior Director, Development Services to assess the current status of the database, make recommendations for and implement any improvements required, and establish appropriate policies and procedures to ensure optimal functionality of the database moving forward.
This ideal candidate brings significant experience working with Raiser’s Edge, and demonstrates a strong commitment to maintaining data integrity, providing excellent customer service, and working in a collaborative team environment. She/he will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and managing projects independently with appropriate consultation. The position reports directly to the Senior Director, Development Services.
This is a full-time position, with some evening and weekend commitments.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Processes all donations to the RCM’s receipting/acknowledgement standards, including deposit preparation, gift documentation, data entry in the fundraising database, tax receipt generation, templated acknowledgement letter production, and hard-copy record filing.
- Creates constituent records in the database for new donors and prospects, and enters updates to existing donors’ contact and profile information as required.
- Designs and generates weekly or monthly reports for financial status, prospect management, donor communications and stewardship activities, and creates ad hoc reports and donor listings as required.
- Undertakes a systematic review of existing database records to identify and correct duplicate records and data inconsistencies, and performs monthly database maintenance procedures to ensure data integrity.
- Works with Development staff to ensure the timely and accurate entry of donor actions, and imports actions and appeal coding for event participations and direct mail campaigns.
- Collaborates with the RCM’s Finance department to reconcile all accounts on a monthly basis.
- Generates donor pledge reminders on a monthly basis.
- Works in conjunction with the Senior Director, Development Services to implement new campaign, fund and appeal structures to inform analysis, decision-making, and strategy development.
- Responds to donors’ inquiries and requests regarding donation receipts.
- Updates and maintains the Raiser’s Edge procedures manual.
- Provides ongoing support and training to RCM staff with respect to the effective use of the fundraising database.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working with The Raiser’s Edge, with direct responsibility for donation processing, report generation and data imports.
- Excellent computer skills, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook; intermediate to advanced skills in Excel an asset.
- Report generation experience using Crystal Reports a strong asset.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work as a team player.
- Highly organized and detail oriented, with an ability to evaluate and respond to changing priorities.
- Ability to handle highly confidential information in a discreet and diplomatic manner.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently as required.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of and experience in fundraising, donor relations and prospect management.
- Raiser’s Edge bCRE accreditation considered an asset.
RCM is committed to a policy of equity and inclusion.
In accordance with Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, and RCM’s Access and Equity policy, accommodation will be provided in all parts of the hiring process. Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a cover letter and current résumé online (please upload a single file combining both documents) at www.rcmusic.com/about-us/careers-royal-conservatory by Monday, August 20, 2018. We thank all applicants and will contact only those selected for an interview; however, please note this position may be filled prior to the application deadline if a suitable candidate has been identified.