Posted On: 2018-08-01
Closing On: 2018-08-14
Employment Type: Full-Time
At the intersection of mind and action, Ryerson is on a transformative path to become Canada's leading comprehensive innovation university. Integral to this path is the placement of equity, diversity and inclusion as part of our DNA - our current academic plan outlines each as core values and we work to embed them in all that we do.
As an employer, we’re working towards a people first culture and we're proud to have been selected as one of Canada's Best Diversity Employers and one of Greater Toronto's Top Employer for 2015, 2016, and 2017. To learn more about our work environment and innovative educational environment, visit http://www.ryerson.ca, check out @RyersonU, @RyersonHR, and @RyersonECI on Twitter, and visit our LinkedIn company page.
Faculty of Communications and Design (FCAD)
The Faculty of Communication & Design (FCAD) provides a distinctive crossroads for creative and scholarly disciplines. Committed to excellence, the Schools within the Faculty provide unique experiential programs in undergraduate and graduate study as well as learning zone opportunities. These unique learning environments broaden and deepen as they shape themselves to meet the ever-changing needs of our cultural industries and professional communities.
Attracting talented students from across Canada and around the world, FCAD continues to be a leader in the programs it provides, many of which are either one-of-a-kind programs in Canada or have been identified as top in their field, both domestically and globally. These same programs also attract exceptional faculty who provide leadership through teaching as well as their research, artistic and professional pursuits.
As the Senior Development Officer in the Faculty of Communication and Design (FCAD), you will be responsible for developing a portfolio of donors for FCAD at giving levels under $25,000. This includes the identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of prospects of gifts and donor pledges under $25,000.
In addition to being the primary frontline fundraiser for donors at the leadership level, you will oversee the content strategy and execution of annual campaigns for FCAD, working with the central Annual and Leadership Giving team. You will also be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and quality of the the administration of donor-funded student awards and scholarships across the nine schools -- ensuring that donors are properly stewarded and engaged as part of the annual awards cycle.
As part of the Development team in FCAD, you will develop creative approaches and solutions to communicate compelling narratives to donors and prospects. You’ll provide assistance to the Director of Strategic Planning and Development and Associate Director of Development in FCAD as it relates to prospect research, stewardship, proposal preparation, and occasional events.
To help us learn more about you, please provide a cover letter and resume describing how you meet the following required qualifications:
- Completion of a post-secondary degree plus a minimum of 4 years of experience within a fundraising environment, soliciting gifts and pledges at the leadership level are required.
- Solid understanding of the prospect to door moves management process and cycle.
- Demonstrated experience on:
- Leading the development and execution of leadership gifts and pledges from identifying potential donors, developing strategies to solicit prospects, securing meetings with prospects, and coordinating appropriate stewardship for leadership gifts.
- Using and maintaining fundraising databases.
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building skills are required to create and maintain connections with potential and concurrent donors.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are required to prepare and present leadership proposals and put together solicitation letter, briefing materials, gift proposals and regular correspondence with potential donors.
- Exceptional organizational and coordination skills to successfully oversee and execute events.
- Strong attention to detail and administrative skills to ensure data are correct and up-to date; and the processing of paperwork for new gifts to ensure tax receipts and other correspondence are administered properly.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Applications will only accepted online: https://hr.cf.ryerson.ca/ams/public/external_view.cfm?post_id=175232