Posted On: 2018-08-02
Closing On: 2018-08-20
Employment Type: Full-Time
With a passionate commitment to excellence, The National Ballet of Canada is amongst the finest dance companies in the world, and has been recognized as one of Canada’s top employers. The company raises over $12 million annually towards Artistic Director Karen Kain’s bold vision for artistic excellence, new production, international touring, and education. Currently, the National Ballet is in the final stage of a $100 million campaign in support of these priorities while also building one of the largest dance endowments in North America. At the heart of this growth is our generous community of donors and a dedicated staff and volunteer team.
The Major Gifts Associate will play an integral role in achieving the Development department’s ambitious goals during an exciting time as the National Ballet collaborates with world-renown artists on milestone projects and gears up for Karen Kain’s 50th Anniversary with the company. Reporting to the Associate Director of Development, Major Gifts, the Major Gifts Associate will work closely with Major Gifts, Legacy Giving and Corporate Sponsorship staff as well as other National Ballet colleagues to ensure the highest standards of customer service delivery across a wide range of activities that advance our donor and volunteer relationships.
General Responsibilities Include:
- Coordinating cultivation and stewardship activities for various giving groups and individual donors, including donor events, backstage visits and tours, rehearsal viewings, face to face meetings between staff, volunteers and donors, and liaison with internal event, box office, artistic and production teams
- Preparing fundraising materials, including briefing notes, proposals, information packages, letters, presentations and customized reports
- Managing gift acknowledgement and donor recognition, including gift confirmations, agreements, thank you letters and recognition in National Ballet communications and signage. Ensuring internal procedures and standards for timely and accurate acknowledgement of major gift donors are met for every gift
- Updating the Major Gift team’s customer relationship database, Tessitura, and liaising with Development Operations on database management
- Coordinating internal team and cross-departmental solicitor meetings, schedules and special projects
- Managing donor renewal and pledge payment process
- Providing customer service for major gift donors and campaign volunteers, including fielding inquires and requests, correspondence, etc.
- Supporting Campaign Cabinet and committee volunteers, including meeting preparation and follow-up
- Hosting donors at National Ballet performances and events
- Additional duties and projects as assigned
- University degree or equivalent
- At least three years of fundraising experience, and preferably a demonstrated track record in major gifts
- Exceptional interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize work, handling multiple projects at one time with a high degree of efficiency, thorough attention to detail, poise and patience
- Ability to take initiative and demonstrate a flexible approach in responding to needs as they arise
- Able to exercise discretion and tact with sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to work independently or as a member of the team, with minimal supervision
- Excellent computer skills and a proficiency in working with a database
- A passion for the performing arts and a willingness to work evening and weekends, as required
- Conduct that demonstrates adherence to the AFP Standards of Professional Practice
Qualified candidates should forward their resume and salary expectations to HR@national.ballet.ca with the subject heading: "Major Gifts Associate" by no later than August 20, 2018. Resumes will be reviewed as soon as they are received. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Successful candidate will be subject to a criminal background check.
The National Ballet of Canada is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Human Resources department will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process.