Hope Air provides Canadians in financial need with free travel to medical care far from home. Since 1986 we have made over 130,000 travel arrangements to get Canadians to medical care. Visit www.hopeair.ca to learn more.
This full-time position is responsible for developing and strengthening foundation partnerships and revenue generation through foundation grants. The Manager must be an exceptional writer, have a track record of success; outstanding account service; experience in developing strategy; growing programs and relationships; and is committed to team, culture and fund development. The Grants Manager is responsible for developing, managing and expanding fundraising dollars with Hope Air’s foundation partners. The incumbent will build upon existing relationships and help cultivate emerging partnerships to “take them to the next level”. He/she will develop strategies and seek out opportunities that provide value and additional revenue and engagement of our foundation partners. The Grants Manager is responsible for the following core duties:
- Researching and identifying foundation prospects to determine those suitable for cultivation (evaluating fit and capacity and making actionable plans for solicitation)
- Solicit foundation interest and follow it up with a well-crafted, letter of interest and/or proposal to secure funding for Hope Air’s programs
- Oversee and evaluate current programs and strategies for foundation donor acquisition and renewal while taking into account the changing fundraising landscape and a competitive market
- Maintain documentation on grants, deliverables and communication
- With the VP, Development, develop annual forecasts, budgets and plans
- Compile, write and submit interim and final grant reports according to donors' granting requirements and deadlines
- Drafting correspondence to donors on behalf of the VP, Development and the CEO.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelors’ degree in communications, sales, marketing, public relations, fundraising or equivalent from a college or university, and 4-6 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience;
- Proven design and execution of successful foundation fundraising programs that meet/exceed revenue targets, within the charitable sector;
- Proficiency with grant solicitation and management;
- Captivating storytelling skills and superb editing skills;
- Proven experience developing accurate timelines (with responsibilities, deadlines, benchmarks) and providing input on budgets that are attainable yet aggressive;
- Relationship building skills and a proven track record of developing and growing foundation engagement;
- Proven organizational and time management skills to determine work priorities and manage multiple projects in a fast paced and resource-lean environment;
- CFRE designation or working toward it would be an asset;
Skills & Abilities:
- Must be organized, dependable, and able to meet deadlines by effectively prioritizing workload, create and follow critical paths, managing multiple projects and work assignments;
- Exceptional interpersonal, leadership and relationship management skills with internal and external stakeholders;
- Superior client-service and team building skills;
- Excellent communication skills, including writing, proof reading, and presentation;
- Superior on-site logistics management; accuracy and attention to detail is critical;
- Basic accounting skills for tracking and draft reconciliation;
- Proficient use of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint;
- experience with Salesforce (preferred) or another grant database;
- Bilingual in French and English (oral and written) preferred;
- Ability to work and perform under pressure;
- High energy and outgoing personality;
- Demonstrated ability to work both independently and as a team player;
- Embraces strong fundraising ethics and the Donors Bill of Rights;
Work collaboratively with:
- VP, Development to plan and execute annual fundraising plan;
- Fund Development and Communications team to ensure appropriate coordination with high capacity individuals who may be involved through their individual or corporate giving;
- Communications to market grant opportunities and steward donors and prospects; ensure all proposals are properly reviewed and approved to meet style guidelines;
- Client Care staff and volunteers to ensure accuracy of information relayed to donors and that expectations of grant commitments are relayed back to staff with responsibilities for meeting these commitments.
If you are interested in championing growth in foundation revenue at Hope Air, we would like to hear from you. Please forward your CV and a cover letter, including salary expectations, in confidence to Alanna Scott at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 19th. Please include “Grants Manager” in the subject line of your e-mail.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those under consideration for the role will be contacted.