Posted On: 2018-08-07
Closing On: 2018-08-17
Employment Type: Full-Time
Since 1981, Ronald McDonald House Charities (RMHC) Toronto has served as a place to call home for families with seriously ill children undergoing treatment. RMHC Toronto encompasses a House for 81 families in downtown Toronto and seven Family Rooms in hospitals across the Greater Toronto Area and in Sudbury. The families we serve – 5,139 last year alone – come from throughout Ontario, across Canada and around the world.
Reporting to the Director of Development & Communications (Director), the Senior Development Officer, Individual Giving (SDO) will play a critical role in helping RMHC Toronto achieve its mission and its ambitious and growing fundraising goals. The successful candidate will bring a generalist background, with a priority on individual giving, that will enhance and build revenue within five streams: Individual Giving, Family Foundation Giving, Direct Response Giving, Planned Giving and Tribute Giving. The SDO will manage and develop a portfolio of identified relationships, to optimize engagement at a minimum of $5000. Working closely with the Director and a small team of fundraising and communication professionals which constitutes the Development Team, the SDO will bring experience and success to inform cultivation strategies that raise sights, meet annual performance goals and stretch targets, as appropriate.
This role will cultivate and maintain positive relationships with donors and prospects to deliver excellence in stewardship that demonstrates transparency while sustaining and increasing revenue-generating potential. The SDO will foster a culture of philanthropy, demonstrate dignity, professionalism and a collaborative work ethic to enhance the profile of RMHC Toronto and grow our capacity to serve families with critically ill children in need of care.
- Researches, identifies and implements strategies and giving opportunities that will attract individual donors throughout our revenue portfolios: Individual Giving, Family Foundation Giving, Direct Response Giving, Planned Giving and Tribute Giving;
- Works with the Director to execute strategies and to identify and build relationships with qualified potential donors ($5K+) including using qualification tools and research capacity to create profiles;
- Builds and maintains a designated prospect portfolio of individual/foundation donors;
- Contributes ideas to create meaningful donor recognition opportunities for RMHC Toronto. Based on best-practice and critical thinking, optimizes the unique giving vehicles and collateral of RMHC Toronto such as Adopt-A-Room, Home for Dinner programs, capital and programmatic needs, as identified;
- Collaborates with the Associate Director, Marketing and Communications to ensure portfolio of donors receive communication through appropriate channels;
- Supports and demonstrates leadership in representing RMHC Toronto with integrity, nimbleness, positivity and diplomacy.
- 5 – 7 years of progressive experience in fundraising at a senior level;
- Experience managing a donor pipeline and prioritizing a Major Gifts portfolio for best results;
- Proficiency working in Raiser’s Edge Prospect Module or similar CRM Database;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to write compelling proposals and stewardship reports;
- Strong project management skills, information-capturing and follow-through;
- An excellent listener and communicator, resilient and adaptable, ready to roll up sleeves.
All interested are invited to submit their application referencing Family Services Associate with a letter of introduction, resume and salary expectations no later than Friday, August 17, 2018. The successful applicant will need to undergo a Vulnerable Sector Screening Police check.
Please forward all applications to: email@example.com
Ronald McDonald House Charities Toronto embraces diversity and encourages all qualified applicants to apply.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.