YMCA of Greater Toronto
Development Associate, Fundraising Events & Digital Giving
(Full Time Salaried Contract – 1 year)
Starting Salary: $48,005/year
Effective Date: Immediately
Reports to: Manager, Fundraising & Association Events & Manager, Annual Giving & Donor Relations
Location: Fundraising Department – 2200 Yonge Street YMCA Centre, Toronto
Why work for our Y?
YMCA of Greater Toronto aspires to be a great work place through an environment that embraces diversity and social inclusion, valuing differences and supporting full participation by all employees. The YMCA provides more than 5,000 employees with meaningful jobs and the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of individuals and the health of our communities. The YMCA works to build healthy communities. This is achieved through a shared culture and values. We recognize the contributions of our staff through innovative practices, great benefits and growth opportunities.
Nature & Scope:
At the YMCA we celebrate the joy of asking, the joy of giving and the joy of receiving. Through the generous contributions of our donors and sponsors, the YMCA of Greater Toronto raised $6.9 million last year.
To realize our vision of reaching more community members, the YMCA has recently embarked on our $100 million capital campaign. Our goal is to build new YMCA Centres of Community across the across the Greater Toronto area to ensure that everyone has access to the experiences and opportunities they need to reach their full potential. www.ymcagta.org/strongstart
An experienced events manager and relationship-builder, the Development Associate executes fundraising events and digital fundraising campaigns.
Fundraising Events (80%)
- Leads and motivates two internal event committees (H&F Megathon leads and Philanthropy Chairs) to execute YMCA Megathon and YMCA Kids Challenge and reach Centre and regional targets
- Weekly revenue reporting
- Liaison with Megathon leads
- Manages all event logistics
- Oversees banking process for Kids’ Challenge
- Maintains contact and relationship information, proposals and actions in Raiser’s Edge for all sponsors and sponsorship prospects
- Supports the Manager, Fundraising and Association Events in planning and executing cultivation and stewardship events and Association events as required.
Digital Fundraising (20%)
- Represents Fundraising on the YMCA’s Digital Production Team (DPT), regularly updating content on the Association’s content calendar.
- Contributes to Fundraising’s digital strategy development and executes digital strategies to support revenue and communications objectives for web, email and social.
- Maintains the Support the Y section of ymcagta.org, updating content and images on a quarterly basis and/or in conjunction with events and campaigns.
- Produces and deploys segmented emails to support fundraising campaigns, Megathon, Kids’ Challenge and Third Party Events.
- Creates and deploys social media content to support broad-based fundraising campaigns, Megathon, Kids’ Challenge and Third Party Events.
- Monitors Google Analytics for Fundraising activities (Sitecore, Raisin) and reports on activity and trends.
- Campaign Monitor.
- Contributes to the creation of online donation landing and transaction pages (Raisin) and pulls activity and donation reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- University degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the execution of multi-site, peer-to-peer fundraising events.
- Experience coordinating logistics for meetings and events.
- A track record of coordinating volunteer committees to achieve revenue, sponsorship & participation objectives through fundraising events.
- Previous experience soliciting and stewarding event sponsors.
- Experience creating digital content and leveraging digital communications and solutions to achieve fundraising targets.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain relationships with YMCA colleagues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Experience working with event vendors and managing budgets.
- Advanced computer skills (Raiser’s Edge, Microsoft Office).
- Proactive, creative, patient, and diplomatic.
- Experience and sensitivity in dealing with members of different cultural and racial backgrounds, including visible and non-visible dimensions of diversity.
- Availability for some early morning, evening or weekend work based on event schedule is essential.
- The position requires the following Association Competencies: fundamental competence in Being Member focused; advanced competence in Ethics & Self-Management, Teamwork & Collaboration, Valuing Diversity & Social Inclusion; superior competence in Effective Interpersonal Communications, Relationship Building & Partnering; Being Results Focused.
Please send cover letter and résumé quoting job posting #0386 by Friday, August 24th, 2018 to:
Manager, Fundraising & Association Events & Manager, Annual Giving & Donor Relations
Job offers are contingent upon the successful completion of a Police Records Check. Within the first four months and every three years thereafter, a Vulnerable Police Records Check is required.
The YMCA of Greater Toronto values the diversity of people and communities and is committed to excellence and inclusion in our Association.
We are committed to an environment that is barrier free. If you require accommodation at any stage during the hiring process, please inform us in advance to arrange reasonable and appropriate accommodation.
About the YMCA of Greater Toronto:
The YMCA of Greater Toronto is a dynamic charity offering opportunities for personal growth, community involvement and leadership. Our 2010-2020 strategic plans Strong Start Great Future calls upon our Association to invest in young people across their life stages to deliver on our vision of ensuring our communities will be home to the healthiest children, teens and young adults. This community health strategy includes a significant role for adults and older adults.
Mirroring the region’s diversity, the YMCA offers a variety of programs responding to the needs of the community, including employment and essential skills, education, newcomer programs, youth outreach and intervention, fitness, sports and aquatics, international programs, child care and camps.
When you support the YMCA of Greater Toronto’s Annual Giving, you help us ensure more children, youth and young adults have the chance to be healthy… and so much more. We believe that by providing our children with a strong start, they will have a great future. And, ultimately, strong, healthy children mean strong, healthy communities in the GTA for the years to come. www.ymcagta.org