Manager of Fundraising & Government Relations - Highway of Heroes Tree Campaign
Location: Based out of Milton, ON, but with the ability to work remotely
Effective: September 1st, 2018
Employment Type: Full-Time (3-year term)
About the Highway of Heroes Tree Campaign: We are planting 2,000,000 trees between Trenton and Toronto, one tree for every Canadian that has served in the Canadian Armed Forces during times of conflict. 117,000 of the most prominent trees will be planted along and near the stretch of the 401 known as the Highway of Heroes, one tree for every life lost while serving to protect our country. This living tribute will tell the story of those that have served and remind travellers along the highway of the great debt we owe these courageous Canadians. It will also provide a myriad of environmental benefits for generations to come. The Campaign has already raised $3.2 million towards its $10 million goal. The current strategy is to secure another $5 million in a combination of funding provided by the provincial and federal governments.
Position Summary: The role of the Manager of Fundraising & Government Relations with the Highway of Heroes Tree Campaign provides the opportunity for a rewarding experience as part of a high-profile project. We are looking for an energetic and versatile individual with strong communications skills, combined with experience in working with all levels of government.
The Manager of Fundraising & Government Relations will report to the Project Leadership Team and will work alongside the Manager of Fundraising & Communications, Manager of Operations and the Campaign Coordinator. Key responsibilities include securing meetings with various government representatives as well as other prospects, including corporate representatives, foundations, major gift donors. The individual selected for this position will also be responsible for maintaining relationships with both established and prospective donors, with a focus on relationships with all levels of government.
- Develops and executes annual strategic plan for all government relations activities
- Identifies government grant programs whereby the Highway of Heroes Tree Campaign would be eligible to apply
- Secures meetings with multiple government representatives
- Identifies corporate, foundation and major gift prospects and schedules phone calls and meetings with each
- Collaborates to prepare and submit various funding proposals
- Collaborates to develop and implement donor recruitment and retention tools
- Provides stewardship to current donors, with a focus on relationships with government officials and collaborates on the management of the donor pipeline
- Acting as the primary point of contact for all government dignitaries at both public and private events
- Post-secondary education in government relations, fundraising, business, communications or related field
- Minimum of 5 years relevant experience required
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
- Strong computer skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Access to a vehicle, a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel locally is required.
Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Reimbursement of travel and other expenses provided.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Mike Hurley, Manager Fundraising & Communications
Highway of Heroes Tree Campaign