Posted On: 2018-09-24
Closing On: 2018-10-14
Employment Type: Full-Time
Direct Marketing Program Manager
Are you passionate about marketing and using your skills to help people living in poverty? If so, we have an opportunity for you! World Renew, an agency of the Christian Reformed Church in North America (CRCNA) has a full time opening for a Program Manager, Direct Marketing within our Constituency Relations (CORE) team. This position will be based in the Burlington, Ontario office and will be responsible for leading the direct marketing program at World Renew. The successful candidate will put direct marketing skills to work developing, implementing, evaluating, and improving cross channel direct marketing campaigns for World Renew's general donor fundraising strategy. In this way you'll help grow the loyal and recurring donor base, welcome and engage new donors, and reacquire lapsed donors for increased financial support and lives changed for the better worldwide.
As the Program Manager, Direct Marketing, you are a vital part of the binational (Canada and U.S.A.) Marketing and Communications team. In this role, you are responsible for leading the strategic direction for the direct marketing program at World Renew, which includes general donor fundraising, welcoming new donors/converting them to loyal donors, striving to reacquire lapsing donors. You will use both email and direct mail for these appeals, segmenting the general donor base for targeted and timed appeals.
- Develop an annual direct marketing strategic plan and manage its execution. Lead the strategic and creative planning process for direct marketing.
- Develop revenue projections and budgets for overall program and for individual strategies.
- Working with other team members, create a Direct Marketing Calendar for each fiscal year, outlining the topics and timing for all channels of Direct Marketing communication with donors.
- Write a Creative Brief for each job/project.
- Lead Creative meetings to explain projects and project manage all direct response campaigns to maximize results.
- Initiate, implement, evaluate, and fine tune segmented general donor fundraising and engagement campaigns.
- Manage and grow recurring donor giving programs and campaigns.
- Manage and continuously improve the new donor welcome process as needed, converting new donors into loyal donors.
- Create and implement direct marketing strategy for World Renew’s legacy society, soliciting new membership and project managing semi-annual newsletters.
- Evaluate and analyze response results for individual projects and adjust future campaigns to maximize response and net income. Evaluate overall program results and identify new opportunities for donor engagement.
- Liaise with World Renew’s International Disaster Response team, managing Canadian Foodgrains Bank communications projects
- Contribute to creative content development for campaigns as needed, writing copy for direct mail or email
- Represent World Renew at Canadian communication and marketing coalitions.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Creative and technical marketing agencies and contractors.
- Membership in a Christian church and agreement with the doctrine of the CRC signified by signing a covenant statement
- Committed to working towards gender equality in all aspects of our programming, plans, policies and organizational structure
- Demonstrated commitment to promote a work environment that values diversity and equality, as well as have respectful relationships with others
- Demonstrated direct marketing experience; experience in cross channel strategy preferred
- Highly creative with experience in successfully segmenting donor file for engagement or revenue growth
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills with a demonstrated ability to accomplish work goals through collaboration
- Disciplined, self-motivated and proactive work style
- Proven organizational and project management skills with attention to detail and ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Experience in Luminate Online or similar system email marketing system preferred
- Demonstrated advanced skills in MS Office programs required
Diploma is required, Bachelor’s degree is preferred, in a field related to Marketing is also preferred
Demonstrated work experience in direct marketing is required, supervisory experience is an asset
Knowledge of international disaster response and development is preferred L
Proficient use of the English language is required
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Local and cross border travel with occasional international travel is required.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Local and cross border travel with occasional international travel is required.
Candidates interested in applying, should submit a resume and cover letter online at: https://www.worldrenew.net/careers on or before October 14, 2018.