The Ice Bucket Challenge of 2014 raised unprecedented awareness and funds for ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis). The ALS Society of Canada wants to harness this momentum to ensure that the progress made can be leveraged to help create a future without ALS. To that end, we are seeking a marketing generalist to join our evolving Integrated Marketing & Communications team on a contract basis. This opportunity is highly executional with key responsibilities including copywriting, graphic design, website management and maintenance, brand implementation, and digital campaigns. This role will report to and work with the Manager, Integrated Marketing and Communications and involve a high degree of collaboration with the broader Integrated Marketing and Communications/Public Affairs team as well as other areas of the organization including research, client services and fund development.
You are someone who takes initiative while demonstrating excellent judgment and a keen awareness of how your work connects with and affects other areas of the organization and community. You are flexible, comfortable in an evolving role with few precedents, adept in navigating a complex, multi-stakeholder environment, and can admirably balance a high volume of work with high-quality output.
Responsibilities may include (and are not limited to) the following:
- Develop and/or support customer marketing and internal communication collateral for print, social media, web and email that aligns with the brand and overall strategic directive of ALS Canada.
- Work closely with all departments to deliver integrated messaging across all touch points: print, digital, direct, event and promotional materials.
- Produce, update and maintain website content, including lead generation pages.
- Provide design, writing, logistical and organizational support for marketing initiatives and events.
- May occasionally work with suppliers and vendors for project execution.
- Support development of, and organizational compliance with, brand standards and brand identity.
- Support the development of English and French style guides.
- Work closely with the fund development team and external agencies where applicable on executing event marketing tactics including event-specific collateral and on-site brand activations and experiences.
- Miscellaneous research, administrative, and marketing activities as required.
- May be called upon to act as back-up for permanent/existing Marketing Coordinator role during vacations, increased volume, etc.
Required knowledge, skills and abilities
- Post-secondary education, preferably within a marketing discipline
- 3-5 years of marketing experience with demonstrated positive results
- Results-oriented with a strong sense of accountability
- Experience creating and producing a wide range of marketing collateral pieces, including brochures, video/multimedia content, among others
- Experience managing and updating websites and online content, campaign development, creative brief development and supporting creative execution
- Excellent writing, editing, presentation and communication skills
- Strong design skills with ability to deliver creative content
- Experience with Google Analytics and campaign reporting
- Familiarity with digital marketing trends
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, InDesign, Photoshop, and WordPress, including basic HTML/CSS for the purpose of updating and maintaining websites
- Knowledge of and experience applying SEO best practices
- Technical understanding of photography and videography is considered an asset
- Excellent judgment and analytical skills
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills
- Diplomacy, tact and a high level of emotional intelligence when dealing with sensitive issues
- French language skills an asset
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Marketing Coordinator in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis until the position is filled. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected as a potential candidate will be contacted.